The Kahr/Auto-Ordnance warranty story - a warning

This is a discussion on The Kahr/Auto-Ordnance warranty story - a warning within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Good information (on a bad subject as I hate hearing that the Thompsons can't be trusted.. oh, well). My boss is looking at a Kahr ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Kahr/Auto-Ordnance warranty story - a warning

Good information (on a bad subject as I hate hearing that the Thompsons can't be trusted.. oh, well). My boss is looking at a Kahr right now. I think I'll let him know that there are some customer service issues with them.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    All brands of guns have some lemons , and due to human nature no one really posts hey my new Phasar works just fine on stun or puree settings . that being said i have a Kahr pm9 ( prob the model you see the most complaints on ) and it has run fine after the inital 200 rd break in period there were 4 or 5 ftf during that time but i have had 1911s do far worse . my point is that you can pick any consumer product and find horror storys about it online , not just guns or a particular brand .. just food for thought

I know what you're saying RR, but the fact that the gun has problems isn't the issue here.

First, they didn't make it right.

Second, they lied to him.

If they'd fixed it once, and then replaced it when it came back the second time and apologized and begged for forgiveness, not to mention paid the shipping, all would be well.

IMHO its another horror story , i am not saying its not absolutly honest , nor am i saying he should not be pi$$ed , i just point out you can find similar storys for almost any consumer product , and on the whole satusfied customers dont post satusfaction . they are the silent majority with most product issues . myself i would be raising hell with the company and wouldnt shutup till satusfied , but that is just me , like i stated MY little kahr has been top notch

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    All brands of guns have some lemons , and due to human nature no one really posts hey my new Phasar works just fine on stun or puree settings .
    Lemons I understand. It's why I've been patient until this point.

It's why I've made sure to document the problems, include broken parts, and even err on the side of being decent - but when a factory rep tells me that if solution X doesn't solve my problem, gun Y *will* be replaced and I get the original firearm back with a snotty note to boot, I'm not real happy for good reasons.

I'm not buying a Jennings here - this was the company's top of the line product, with the full accessory package. I can call other firearms makers and talk to a human. Kahr doesn't have that option.

As far as not posting "My Z works great!", I see that all the time in threads here.

I'm heading out to test the weapon now in a little more intensive ways. If it works, believe me, I'll mention it.

If it doesn't, I will too.

And Bud, I'll pm the serial range when I get back - I was so unhappy I left the gun at the shop when I locked up last night.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Hope it works for ya

GREAT and dont let up on them , there is no excuse for a bad gun not made right , this is not what i was saying , and tried to clearify ( i think we cross posted ) and i can understand your frustration ( i once bought a colt commander that they had forgotten to mill the feedramp on the frame ) i guess my point is one bad experiance does not a bad company make , and we are all more prone to posting about company screwups than company attaboys no matter the company . anyway best of luck with the gun , and if i can do anything to help you resolve the issue ( an email or phone campain or whateaver ) lets make them do right in this case , i personaly would buy another kahr tomorrow for myself but ill ***** with the best of em on YOUR issue

Well, it's not one issue.

It's now another. 300 rounds later, bye bye extractor again. Brass had unusual marks on the side where the extractor mates with the weapon - indicating bad headspace or a serious barrel timing issue.

This is a gun that's going to have to go back to the factory *again*.

I understand bad guns, I really do. I don't understand repeated and systematic stupidity on the part of a company.

Thats to bad i was hopeing it would Run for ya

well i vote we exchange some info via pm re serial ect.. lets as a group call/email them , and see if we can resolve this issue to rfurtkamp's satusfaction i mean us old hands deal with how many gunboards , lets let them know as a group that this is unacceptable , like i have stated my experiances are positive , but i am not excusing this kind of service , so lets jump on it rf pm me the mod, serial range , and a snyopsis ( if any more than posted here ) i for one will make a phone call stating that i am aware of this and it calls to question if i want to buy / recommend thier guns , if several of us do this i belive they may come to " see the light " so to speak anyway its worth a try imho

Quote Originally Posted by rfurtkamp
    Well, it's not one issue.

It's now another. 300 rounds later, bye bye extractor again. Brass had unusual marks on the side where the extractor mates with the weapon - indicating bad headspace or a serious barrel timing issue.

This is a gun that's going to have to go back to the factory *again*.

I understand bad guns, I really do. I don't understand repeated and systematic stupidity on the part of a company.
    Randy...........I see a LOT of people looking at the Kahr guns, and that's all they'er doing.........looking at em..
    I had 2 LEOs come in, buy the Kahr 9mm guns and both guns came back..............FTF and FTE, along with sights being loose.. The guns went back to the factory, along with a brief description of the problems incured, and guess what> The guns came back, "FIXED".........without having the broken ejectors replaced..........( I took the time to Dykem the parts "just in case"...) and wadda ya know...........Musta been gremlins in the shipping box huh? Got hungry and ate the metal ejectors........... Truth is, the guns got shipped and NEVER got looked at or fixed. makes me wonder what's really on their minds, as these guns were BUGS for two LEOs....
    I hope your gun works out for you .. Let us know the outcome
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    This is one of the most disgusting situations I've ever read about. I hope you can hound them without mercy until you get a decent replacement. In the meantime, they can chalk up another potential customer that now wouldn't touch a Kahr under any circumstances. Really sorry for the mess you've had to deal with. I remember the happy looking guy in you're earlier post.

Assistant Administrator
    I know so many guys with Kahr's, and usually they are very positive about them - but from all this I just wonder WTH will be the result if they have trouble and try to get satisfaction.

It would be useful for a AA representative to answer to these failures and also address them as a serious priority.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I'm surprised that you could only get ahold of a voicemail. Over at the Kahr section of Glocktalk, there are multiple posts of people who actually talk to the customer service personnel (Dottie and Steven are the names I see most often posted). Is it Kahr you are calling or Auto Ordinance? Or are they the same number? I only ask because sometimes when one company buys another, the functions aren't really integrated for a long time, if ever.

But if it is the same organization/people, they have lost my support. I have no tolerance for someone who would lie to a customer about fixing or replacing a defective item, especially one that could result in injury or death, like a gun. Disgraceful.

The numbers I've called are the ones posted on the AO web site. I've tried both dealer and consumer and gotten a machine every time.

I'm up to about 8-9 calls and have never gotten a human being, whether I called in the morning their time, afternoon, or whatever.

I get to voice mail hell again tomorrow, which will be loads of fun I'm sure.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links