Mosin scopes

This is a discussion on Mosin scopes within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anyone know where I can get a decent Mosin-Nagant scope without paying more then I did for the gun?...

Thread: Mosin scopes

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Mosin scopes

Anyone know where I can get a decent Mosin-Nagant scope without paying more then I did for the gun?

2. Remove Ads

I'm gonna say that you probably aren't gonna find one for less than the rifle.

With optics you get what you pay for, and most Mosin I've seen were under $100, add onto that the fact that the kick like a mule, and you probably need a pretty stout scope to hold it's zero and whatnot.

With all that said, are you looking for an authentic soviet scope designed for the Mosin, or just a decent scope to go on the rifle?
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeLCPL View Post
    I'm gonna say that you probably aren't gonna find one for less than the rifle.

With optics you get what you pay for, and most Mosin I've seen were under $100, add onto that the fact that the kick like a mule, and you probably need a pretty stout scope to hold it's zero and whatnot.

With all that said, are you looking for an authentic soviet scope designed for the Mosin, or just a decent scope to go on the rifle?
    Either one. Authentic would be nice, but $$$ is also a concern. I do enjoy collecting vintage military rifles, so the more "vintage" it is the better.

Well, authetntic scopes would be 4x PE or PEM's, or a 3.5X PU, and for those it would probably be like $200, here's a link, although I haven't used one of these and don't know about the quality of manufacture.

AK Scopes, SVD Scopes, Mosin-Nagant Scopes, Russian Scopes: Rifle
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

if you havent found one yet e mail me and let me know . I have the no drill mount and a scout scope for one I'm getting rid of . brand new never mounted..
    I bow to one king, and serve only one kingdom
    JESUS CHRIST

Senior Moderator
    The only after market scope mounts I have seen that actually work are Scout scopes.

I don't have one but have shot and help mount a couple, these replace the rear sight.

I will try to find a link.

http://parallaxscurioandrelicfirearm...um/view/id/116

These are hand made and function well.

I have seen cheaper ones that shift and loose zero after 3-5 shots
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerdd2 View Post
    if you havent found one yet e mail me and let me know . I have the no drill mount and a scout scope for one I'm getting rid of . brand new never mounted..

I might take you up on your offer, but your PM's are set to "off".

Senior Moderator
    I wouldn't own a Mosin scope for use, except to put on a historically accurate setup like a Mosin Sniper.

The scope has a small diameter and the glass is terrible. When you move the elevation knob, the cross-hair goes up and if you do it all the way, it'll be way up high in the glass.

I know that it was the best they could do, and it worked, but in todays standards, even the cheapest Chinese crap is vastly better.

And don't forget, if you mount the scope you'll have to get another bolt, one with the bolt handle bent down or cut off with a longer one installed. If you don't, the bolt wont clear the scope.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links