glock for wifey

This is a discussion on glock for wifey within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; after extensive searching the wifey finally determined that the g19 (left, shown beside my g31 for size) was the best match for her. ive been ...

Thread: glock for wifey

glock for wifey

after extensive searching the wifey finally determined that the g19 (left, shown beside my g31 for size) was the best match for her. ive been hoping to match her with an automatic for some time now, and i was really pleased to spend the money on bringing another glock home.

she compared it to many fine weapons, but in the end the glock was her choice because it gives her 16 rounds of 9mm +P corbon hollow points in a completely reliable weapon that fits her hand, which she can handle safely with complete authority.

im looking forward to some range time with her soon.
    Last edited by NaturalSelection; January 21st, 2006 at 04:07 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    Your wife made a good choice. The G19 will serve her well. I am trying to steer my wife that direction also. She is set on a snub nose 38 and she will make the ultimate decision but I remain hopeful.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

At least ya let her pick it out instead of saying this is what ya get.. Hopes she enjoys it

JT
    My wife has a Glock 19. She use to have a Ruger P89, but after trying one of my Glocks, she liked it a lot better, so we traed the Ruger in.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Assistant Administrator
    The 19 would be high on my list if going Glock.

I like the way the 17 shoots but would appreciate the slight saving in size with the 19 - and from the little I have shot one, it still does a good job.

Best thing of all - is Mrs did the selecting
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

My wife is waiting on her background check before she gets her CC license. She wants a small revolver, no t an auto so thats what she will get. I like the Taurus brand....any recommendations?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

have her try out all of um Colt if ya can find um smith's rugers etc

Quote Originally Posted by mike_1
    Your wife made a good choice.
    i had hoped that she would go with the g17 (so that we could share accessories like holsters, lasers, etc.) but i wasnt going to mention it because i didnt want her to base her decision on sharing accessories. all i asked of her was to find a weapon that was capable of handling 9mm +P ammunition (minimum), and that it be a quality weapon that was simple to use. i really liked the USPc variant #3 (decock, no safety) but she didnt like the long initial double action pull. this is also the only thing i dont like about my USP .45. there was a lot to like about the sig 226, but again being DA/SA it wasnt the weapon for her (although i may add one to my list, it felt good). in the end the XD and the glocks were the best fit, with the glock coming out on top due to its functional simplicity and reputation for reliability. short of shooting yourself in the foot, theres really no way you can mess up firing a glock which is definately beneficial in an emergency. she was a little nervous about the lack of any safety, but i pointed out that her current smith & wesson #66 revolver doesnt have any safeties either.

I am trying to steer my wife that direction also. She is set on a snub nose 38
    heh......i can relate to that. here she is (second picture from the top) shooting her #66. prior to meeting me she was of the "guns are evil" mindset. nobody who knew her before meeting me can believe that she is with a "gun-nut", much less that she now has two of her very own. my wife isnt "into" guns like me, but she recognizes their importance in rural montana.....and shes getting pretty good with them. i think she was as disappointed as i was when they called her in to work this weekend. maybe me and the kids will go break her g19 in a little bit without her.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    At least ya let her pick it out instead of saying this is what ya get.
    i learned my lesson with that years ago. i bought her a springfield mil-spec 1911 and she wouldnt touch it. although that meant i got to add another 1911 to my collection, she was still without a weapon of her own. at that time she was still hesitant to own a weapon, but finally decided on a smith #66. we took it to the range and to my surprise she looked like a little kid who dropped her ice cream cone when she realized that she had fired all 300 rounds i brought for her.

My Old lady likes the 1911's all ready lost one to her awhile ago course she starts packing i think she will make a change

Links