Torture test - Page 2

Torture test

This is a discussion on Torture test within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Sometimes it makes me smile to realize that some time ago when it was still gaining popularity one of the gun rags shot 17,000 rounds ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Torture test

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array Euclidean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,213
    Sometimes it makes me smile to realize that some time ago when it was still gaining popularity one of the gun rags shot 17,000 rounds through an XD without pause or cleaning and it did just fine.

    Then they froze it and shot 1000 rounds, then cleaned it and dropped it in mud and shot 1000 rounds, and I believe they cleaned it once more and then buried it in sand and shot 1000 round with it.


  2. #17
    Senior Member Array rfurtkamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pocatello, Idaho
    Posts
    940
    Heck, if 350 in a string in that period of time kills guns, I have a few that *should* be dead.

    I regularly do 15-20 mags through my Sigs as fast as I can empty and reload. They're too hot to holster, but....
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

  3. #18
    Member Array NaturalSelection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    Then they froze it and shot 1000 rounds, then cleaned it and dropped it in mud and shot 1000 rounds, and I believe they cleaned it once more and then buried it in sand and shot 1000 round with it.
    tests like that prove very little and in many ways are "silly", but theyre cool to look at. if you want to see a really cool but true "torture test", read this torture test. the owner pounds his glock into talcum powder, drags it down the road with his truck, buries it, throws it from an airplane, shoots it with another gun, and just gets nuts with it. it proves very little, but it sure is fun reading.

  4. #19
    Member Array Chad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    FL/TX
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    Its weird how the accuracy went downhill when it got hot, I mean by the end it was almost too hot to hold.
    I didn't know a barrel could get hot enough to affect accuracy in an extended rapid-fire session.
    Having done it a couple times in my Deltas I always figured it was hand/wrist fatigue that was throwing shots.

    Nice to know there's a chance it wasn't ALL me...

  5. #20
    Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Warrensburg, NY
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad
    I didn't know a barrel could get hot enough to affect accuracy in an extended rapid-fire session.
    Having done it a couple times in my Deltas I always figured it was hand/wrist fatigue that was throwing shots.

    Nice to know there's a chance it wasn't ALL me...
    It was at around the 75 round mark when they started to wander.

    True it wasn't a torture test, it was more or less just fun (and kinda expensive) but very fun.

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array Bud White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Away - Health Problems
    Posts
    17,353
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    tests like that prove very little and in many ways are "silly", but theyre cool to look at. if you want to see a really cool but true "torture test", read this torture test. the owner pounds his glock into talcum powder, drags it down the road with his truck, buries it, throws it from an airplane, shoots it with another gun, and just gets nuts with it. it proves very little, but it sure is fun reading.
    i agree they really dont prove nothing ..


    No it getting shot would be a good test course ive seen that done in the ptooma manual and it Ran

  7. #22
    Member Array Chad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    FL/TX
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    It was at around the 75 round mark when they started to wander.

    True it wasn't a torture test, it was more or less just fun (and kinda expensive) but very fun.
    I've never done it to the extent you did...6 mags a couple times and 12 mags once.(8rnds/mag)

    Definitely fun, and making a habit of it would be expensive with the Doubletap 10mm ammo!

  8. #23
    Administrator
    Array QKShooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Off Of The X
    Posts
    35,442

    The Military

    I'm guessing that the military requirements & mil tests are probably what initially prompted the "Let's Have Fun" Civilian Torture testing.

    I agree that some of it is quite unrealistic.

    Some of the tests have some merit though.
    It's nice to know that a military Colt .45 pistol will run fine completely devoid of all traces of oil.

    I think that ANY quality handgun will perform fine if drenched in water then shaken out & fired.
    The "Drop tests" on concrete are interesting also since that sure could happen in real life.

    I really don't care how any of my pistols will function after being submerged in pig blood for a week & then repeatedly run over by a Jeep in the desert.

  9. #24
    Member Array NaturalSelection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    402
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    It was at around the 75 round mark when they started to wander.
    how much of this wandering, if any, do you feel was due to shooter fatigue? ive never noticed a significant loss of accuracy like youve described.

  10. #25
    Lead Moderator
    Array rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    16,027
    mag dumps are fun! after seeing friends empty AK's and me dumping 12 30 rnds mags full thru my AR. Unless I was shooting a Match accurate gun, I wouldn't worry too much.

  11. #26
    Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Warrensburg, NY
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    how much of this wandering, if any, do you feel was due to shooter fatigue? ive never noticed a significant loss of accuracy like youve described.
    What are ya trying to say? When sight A is aligned with sight B and there fixed onto target C then when the gun goes bang the bullet should hit somewhere next to C.

    Ya know some could have been me, but I don't mean it was like feet off, all were still in a 12" circle, just not as close as they were at the begginning. Oh yeah I was between 32'-35 ' for most of the shooting.

  12. #27
    VIP Member Array Euclidean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,213
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection
    tests like that prove very little and in many ways are "silly", but theyre cool to look at. if you want to see a really cool but true "torture test", read this torture test. the owner pounds his glock into talcum powder, drags it down the road with his truck, buries it, throws it from an airplane, shoots it with another gun, and just gets nuts with it. it proves very little, but it sure is fun reading.
    Exactly, but still, to know that it can do it makes me tingle all over.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Hi-Point torture test
    By Bubbiesdad in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: February 14th, 2011, 09:16 AM
  2. Hi-Point torture test
    By VBVAGUY in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: October 15th, 2010, 01:17 AM
  3. Glock 21 Torture test
    By BradyM77 in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 8th, 2009, 06:44 PM
  4. Glock 1,000 round torture-test
    By KenpoTex in forum General Firearm Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2008, 07:14 AM
  5. Kel Tec torture test?
    By Pete in forum Defensive Carry Guns
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2007, 03:41 AM

Search tags for this page

gun kote torture test

,
hi point torture test
,
torture tests nothing
Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors