New Years range day and the WWB test

This is a discussion on New Years range day and the WWB test within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My main goal for heading to the range today was in this thread from yesterday: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...?highlight=WWB Not only that, but the weather was decent enough, ...

Thread: New Years range day and the WWB test

My main goal for heading to the range today was in this thread from yesterday: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...?highlight=WWB
    Not only that, but the weather was decent enough, and my woman wanted to go! And what better way than to kick of the new year by having a fun day at the range and doing a test at the same time. As you can see the results from my WWB test with the 230gr 45acp loads...all went off without a single hitch. I did bring a back-up box of 230gr Blazer Brass just in case. test pistol of course was the one and only SIG P220 SAO with factory recoil spring rated @ 20lb over the SIG factory solid stainless rod (replacement for the hollow steel). Weather was beautiful despite a 10mph breeze out of the N.E. and a temp of 54.
    The test gun and the load

This picture shows a drop or dribble of the box top glue that apparently dribbled onto one of the cases which if gone unnoticed may have caused some issues, but I peeled it off with my fingernail.

The results for 40 rounds of WWB 230gr 45acp with no malfunctions of any kind from 10yds two handed, and despite what you think of my abilities, I do think this WWB load has very good accuracy while my abilities may leave a bit to be desired. (note...I'm also making good use of ex-Christmas gift boxes for targets for a while)

I don't know how to explain the lower left hit other than I must have been fidgeting.......and in the picture some may notice a small alarm clock hanging from duct tape. There's a story behind that....about a month ago this alarm clock quit working and I missed a regularly scheduled day of work and ended up making up for it by working a regularly scheduled day off on a Saturday. We didn't throw it away, and revenge was served today by the 10/22 lightweight division and my better half!

A couple more pics of the range, and I've volunteered some time this year to help the club keep it up, and defer part of my yearly membership dues.

Happy New Year!

Good looking range.
    I usually end up at the Mayflower AGFC range and it's a little populated.
    If there are people that I know, it's fine, but most of the time the shooters make me a little nervous. Jerry is the range master, and most of the time he has his hands full.

Love the alarm clock BTW. I've got a fax machine I may need to take to deer camp.

Quote Originally Posted by eatatjoz View Post
    Good looking range.
    I usually end up at the Mayflower AGFC range and it's a little populated.
    If there are people that I know, it's fine, but most of the time the shooters make me a little nervous. Jerry is the range master, and most of the time he has his hands full.

Love the alarm clock BTW. I've got a fax machine I may need to take to deer camp.
    I shot at Hobb's range for years. Driving from Springdale or Winslow. I don't have to worry any more about the public ranges, and most of the time, I have the club range to myself. Let me know whenever you're in the area, (Alma) and we'll go. If I have something you've never shot, you'll get a trial run!

I don't usually get too far your way until the weather gets nice.
    Then I'm riding my scoot on your very nice roads over there. Usually from March to BB&BBQ is the time I come through your part of the woods.

Long arms aren't the best thing to carry on a motorcycle.
    All I'll have with me is my carry, but I'm always game to go shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by eatatjoz View Post
    I don't usually get too far your way until the weather gets nice.
    Then I'm riding my scoot on your very nice roads over there. Usually from March to BB&BBQ is the time I come through your part of the woods.

Long arms aren't the best thing to carry on a motorcycle.
    All I'll have with me is my carry, but I'm always game to go shooting.
    Anytime. Just 48 hours notice to make sure of my schedule. About 2.4 miles off the I-40/I-540 interchange....2 miles to the range. Whatever you want to shoot that I have here.

i see she cleaned your clock.

VIP Member
    Nice pics. You're fortunate in more ways than one: a wife who will go shooting with you, and a range to yourselves.

Plus the 54-degree weather... the windchill was -2 here yesterday. But better days are coming.

Good pics. Makes me yearn for the country.

nice looking range. i love my out door range i don't think i could go back to a public indoor range..*shudders* nice way to take care of appliances that quit working. we shot up our friend's old cell phone. cell phone vs .45 = swiss cell phone hehe

I got a buncha cardboard around the house that's going to the range for target material,I like using the 2" wide masking tape to cover up holes it's quicker than trying to stick them little dots on
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links