Gunshow

Gunshow

This is a discussion on Gunshow within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at a gunshow in Pharr Tx today and noticed an AR15 on a table with the 11.5" barrel w/5.5" flash hider attached,the butt ...

Thread: Gunshow

Gunshow

I was at a gunshow in Pharr Tx today and noticed an AR15 on a table with the 11.5" barrel w/5.5" flash hider attached,the butt stock was at a weird angle due to the fact it was never staked and somebody fondling it must of unscrewed the nut a couple turns and then turned the cheap 4 position collapsible buttstock,The funny thing was a guy asked the guy how much he wanted for it and the guy said $2000 I couldn't help but start laughing.It was a kit gun built from a spirit arms receiver and worth about 1/3 of the asking price.The gun was still sitting on the table when I left
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Went to a show up here in NH and saw a lot of the same. Any semi- rifle was priced so astronomically out of whack, as were most of the pistols.

There were a bunch of beat-to-crap guns. Cheapest SKS: $350, Cheapest M1 Garand: $795 (wicked beat). Average price for a nothing special AR was about $1500. Some guy had a stack of SOCOM Is for $3499 each. For a new romanian AK, $800-$850ish. BAR lowers were $350 consistently, stripped uppers, $300. AR mags with useless tippy followers were averaging $30, Including the counterfeit Bushmaster ones. New P22s were $350-ish ON SALE. (I paid $260 in March '08 for a new one from a local dealer).

None of the dealers were buying unless you were selling an assault-style rifle or riot-style shotgun. There was crap for reloading equip or components (not a single primer anywhere), decent holsters or gun parts. Which of course were the things I went for....

Over all, I was pretty disappointed. The one thing I bought was a set of these:

My wife seemed to like them, they were discounted and I got the guy to throw in another pistol one because I shoot both eyes open.

Looks like this will have been my last gun show, for many reasons...

A guy had a buncha stripped lowers so I asked how much ,he said 450.00 with a lower parts kit and stock and I laughed at him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

So did you witness anyone buying these overpriced guns while you were there? Supply and demand again I guess. I just thought the panic buying started last year after the election. We probably aint seen nothin yet the way I figure it now. $450 for a stripped lower? Yeah...I would have laughed at them out loud too. I haven't hit a gun show since last November. I've ended up working the weekends when they've been having them locally anyway. Not sure I'd really care to, but my favorite shop is out of used Glock magazines I used to pick over once every couple weeks for $15-$18. Now all they do have is a limited supply of brand new ones for $29.95. I have plenty anyhow.
    What do you guys think about the Lancer L5 translucent magazines BTW? Anyone used them? Do they work well? They will be in stock here next week again at a sale price. I was just tossing around the idea of picking up a couple.
    If I post the link, y'all gotta promise not to hit them hard (if they are worth it) so as to leave a couple for me...just a couple okay? ;)
    Anchor Armament LLC

I did see one used DPMS AR15 with stainless barrel price reduced to 950.00 from around 1400 which was a little more palatable, but I got 14 double star lowers I bought on a group buy coming that i paid about 87.00 a piece for with shipping and ins. I will be building a few guns for less than 650.00 ea.

I watched one guy pick up an Olympic AR. The A2 upper looked new, but the lower was definitely not new. The bolt carrier looked used, but I got yelled at when I started to pull it apart. It came with 40 rounds of Wolf .223 and an old colt 20 round mag.

The guy walked away with it for $1000. He kept offering the dealer $900, then $950, but the guy never moved. I think he got 20 more rounds of ammo out of him though.

It was absolutely ridiculous, and that was probably the cheapest AR there.

There was a gunshow here this weekend. I didn't even go because they have been so overpriced lately.

it has got to the point that gun shows are no fun, no deals to be found, and a pain in the rear just to go. i might try one this year,,but so far i have skipped two in my area. one local show did not have any ffl's there(got this from a local gun store owner that did not setup at the show, and the show offer him four free tables if he came). so it was a beef jerky and junk show.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I have quit looking at guns for a while, and am upgrading my reloading stuff. going from regular steel dies, to carbide dies, and more powder, once fired brass, and general compents.

All money well spent...
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Are the prices enflated on other weapons, such as hunting and SAA revolvers?

cj
    And, if it was typical, it was accompanied by much griping from the vendors about how nobody was buying anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin132 View Post
    Are the prices enflated on other weapons, such as hunting and SAA revolvers?
    Oh yeah, I was looking for a 5.5" SS Ruger Vaquero in .357. I found a few of them, all new, for $600, $650 and $750. The one that was $750, the guy said that it was special because it was case hardened. Thats case hardened stainless steel apparently. I laughed and walked away.

I can get them from GalleryOfGuns/Davidsons for $494 plus shipping... And right now they have 99+ in stock.

I looked at a bunch of lever guns too, and they were either over-priced, or over-priced-POJ-walking-sticks.

Sponsored Links