Anyone ever order from Sportsman Guide? - Page 3

Anyone ever order from Sportsman Guide?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever order from Sportsman Guide? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I don't order from them but I put a guy's name I work with in there and his last order showed up. I had to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I don't order from them but I put a guy's name I work with in there and his last order showed up. I had to put his street address in to get it. It sounds like some are getting stuff by just putting the name and zip in.

A colleague of mine has shopped at SG so I shared with him this thread. He contacted them and got a little different response than the earlier replies.

Subject: Re: Divulging private information <<#58392-659860#>>
    Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:52:53 -0600

Dear Tony,
    Thank you for your email.
    I apologize for the frustration caused by our online order status. We had made a change to our order status page due to numerous complaints that the older function was too difficult to operate. Since that time we have received a high volume of feedback, compliments and complaints, regarding the ease of visibility. The order status page is set up to locate by last name and zip code but if there is more than one in that area it will prompt for the matching billing address as well. We would like to think that our customers would not be randomly picking various names and zip codes to view other customers orders, but we can understand apprehension caused by the ability to do so.

At this time we are looking at different options to change the status lookup. We are going to be implementing an address requirement for status lookup at all times. Also, we may be changing it to where a zip, last name and either your order number or email address will be required. Please be assured that our web development team is currently working on this project. Once again, our apologies for the aggravation this has caused. We certainly listen to our customers suggestions and are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible.
    If you have any questions please contact us.

Enjoy the Outdoors!
    Gywnne Nichols
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Just tried it and it asked for my address. I have ordered from them in the past with great service. It appears they have added some more security to their site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links