Car fire and a Glock

This is a discussion on Car fire and a Glock within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Try returning those parts to Smyrna and see if Glock can fix it. If you let them use your story they may do you right....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car fire and a Glock

Try returning those parts to Smyrna and see if Glock can fix it. If you let them use your story they may do you right.
    Yoda, I am, yes.

2. Remove Ads

You know... the guys on Glock talk told me to do that too. Would be at least amusing to see what they say. Maybe after the insurance is settled I will give em a call.

AMV
    Mercedes for sale, this car is HAWWWTTTTTT! J/kidding, sorry for the loss (both of them).
    Glock19
    Taurus Millennium PT145PRO SS
    Sig P220, Sig 556
    RRA M4, Mossberg 500
    Supersoaker 3000 Water Cannon

I did give one of our Police Officers a dressing down on the scene for forcing me to have to glove box my Glock and not have it on my hip where it should be (he knew I was kidding him of course). He got a kick out of that... in fact he was the one that went through the trouble to sift through the mess and find it for me.

sss
    Beautiful car, beautiful Glock. What a shame. :( I've always loved that body style Benz.

Are you going for another Mercedes once your insurance money comes in?

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    Guess glock forgot to do that torture test. I mean, they frooze a glock, ran over, filled with mud, but not this. Call them up and tell them that you did the final test for them but the glock failed and you would like it replaced, lol

Sorry for the loss though.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

I dunno. I had to search far and wide for that one to start with. One that was entirely a Southern no rust car with a good history and most everything working. Original Paint in excellent condition. A good strong motor with no blow by. Then all the time finding all the rare and period correct accessories. And going through the motor, suspension and replacing all the rubber bits there in. New alternator, radiator... everything. Plus I will be lucky to get half of what I had into it. It was hard to find and a lot of effort to get to like new again. And right now I am just sort of disgusted with the whole thing. All lost because of one un-fused connection I didn't even know about. Would have been easy to prevent had I known. I might... but its going to take a while to get excited about it. And a while to find the right "starter car" again. I must have looked at over 20 of them I would bet. This one was a sort of rare example and it was even under priced to boot.

I currently have two others. But they are primarily the wifes cars. I am driving her shopping car right now. The E320 Wagon. But I do still have my big truck so I am not out of things to drive.

But no matter the W123 body style still had that old class to it. The newers ones lack soul.

Here are the three MB's together just a week or so before the loss.

If you are an NRA member you may be able to claim the $1000 accidental loss/damage.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

I think only if Nationwide does not. I am mailing the paper work to them tomorrow and we shall see how it all goes from there. But its a given that I will probably not recover my input. I didn't spare any expense doing the car because, well.... I wasn't planning on losing it. I wanted it right. I did have full coverage on it. But they like to try and compare apples to oranges. I expect them to locate three or four inferior cars for half the NADA and try and offer that. They always do. How much fighting I want to do from that point is all the question mark. I am just ready to get on with it. I am claiming the loss of the gun and other items I can identify so we shall see. And I was able to retrieve (from the vendors and shops) many invoices and documents burned up in the fire.

Wow, sorry about the loss. That was a beautiful benz though. Father of an old friend of mine had one that he fixed and kept up, thing was a tank and something about the style always appealed to me, never seemed to go out of style.

Years ago while driving home from college one weekend I was about a mile from my parents home when the interior of my Olds Cutlas Calais (bright red international series, was "sporty" enough for me in high school). Luckily a fire didn't break out but I found out a bunch of leaves had collected down near the heater core and probably within seconds/minutes of igniting before I could pull over and shut everything off.

Now that's HOT!

Oh man, I'm sorry about that. Well, what's done is done. Now, is time re-group and move on. There is always a reason for everything...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Man, I'm really sorry about the car. You have my deepest sympathy. Ahh, too bad about the Glock.

I had in the back of my mind giving this one to my newly born Grandson in 16 years. And it would be worth far more then. This one is just turning the corner from Classic to collectible. And I was trying to make sure it would be there when it came to that. But... I lost it. All of it.

Wasn't meant to be I guess.

Me personally would try the Gunzilla, Stuff works like magic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links