Cool Shot show stuff...(Merged X 4) - Page 3

Cool Shot show stuff...(Merged X 4)

This is a discussion on Cool Shot show stuff...(Merged X 4) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Maybe if it was a .44 Special, and didn't have the lock I would be interested. As it is, I don't see how it is ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Shot show stuff...(Merged X 4)

Maybe if it was a .44 Special, and didn't have the lock I would be interested. As it is, I don't see how it is any better than my J-frames.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

Are these new Rugers going to have an internal lock? It looks very interesting and I'm very interested in it. I don't think its really ugly just a bit odd looking,kinda reminds me of my S&W bodyguard looks wise. I have to admit it is a radical design but I like its concept I'll wait and see some reviews.

Working on an LCP in 9mm would have been time better spent. With the inclusion of polymer I would have expected it to weigh in at about 10 ounces.

I think it's a forward thinking take on the snub, but this is S&W's territory and I don't see Ruger taking a hold in it.

I really like the cuts on the cylinder and think they would look slick on a S&W.

The hope I have is that S&W counters and offers the 442/642 with a darn interchangeable front sight like the LCR and loses the lock.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    Are these new Rugers going to have an internal lock? It looks very interesting and I'm very interested in it. I don't think its really ugly just a bit odd looking,kinda reminds me of my S&W bodyguard looks wise. I have to admit it is a radical design but I like its concept I'll wait and see some reviews.
    I don't know about all of them, but the LCR does. Its in the grip, so not nearly as ugly as the S&W lock. However, since my complaint about the lock is not how it looks, but the possibility that it could fail, where it is located makes no difference to me. The fact that it is there at all is a deal killer for me for a defense weapon.
    -Landric

Same as semperfi.45, I was really, really, really, hoping Ruger would come thru with an LCP sized 9mm. I would be all over one [or two].

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    They lost me with the suggested price.
    The S&W 642 has a similar $525 MSRP but I recently bought a brand new one for $392 (brand new) from my FFL.

What he said.

( In post 35, I didn't get mine in in time )

I counted 5 shots in the video before reload
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar
    I have to say I kind of like the looks and approach of this LCR. Who know's how it'll turn out but what I like about it, is that it appears to be "All Business", kind of like my Colt New Agent. It's all black for CC, should be a good trigger out of the box, concealed hammer, and the grip looks like it would soak up a LOT of recoil making up for the extra recoil due to light weight. Seem's like you may be able to get some front sight replacements at some point and it looks like it would point and balance right and feel good in the hands. Has a lock but it's EASY to ignore and looks like there's no way it can accidently lock while firing.

It's not pretty like an old S&W 60 with nice woods but as a simple dedicated CCW it looks like a good "all business" work horse. I think the trigger might be more of an advantage than we think right now if it really does make it a lot better right out of the box.

I will look forward to handling one to see what it feels and looks like in person. That REALLY makes a difference for me personally!

Since this is the "Cool Shot Show Stuff" thread: What else is new for CC? I heard rumors about the next evolution for Glock? Did anything materialize?

Regarding the LCR: I think it is a worthy competitor for the S&W J-Frame. I will not run out and buy one, but if I wouldn't already have a J-Frame I would consider it and buy pending on overall feel (and after waiting a year for others to try it out :-) ).
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

I too have no desire to be a beta tester for Ruger (especially given their recent track record in that department), or anyone else for that matter.

With regard to the lock, it doesn't make any difference to me how unlikely it might be to fail. Its a mechanical device, and an unnecessary one, so its inclusion does nothing to make the gun better, and creates a chance, no matter how small, that it will fail. That makes in unacceptable in a defense/carry gun.

Besides that, I'm offended by the idea of internal locks on any firearm. It just seems to me to be the manufactures (and in some cases governments) telling me that I can't be trusted with a firearm, but since they can't (as least yet) prevent me from having one at all, they want to make it less serviceable. It makes no sense anyway, once someone unauthorized has their hands on one of my guns, the battle is lost. The internal lock is just as likely to fail and allow the gun to fire as it is to fail and keep the gun from firing when needed.

I'll be the first to admit that I really want one (or two) of the new S&W "Classic" 22-4 revolvers in .45ACP to shoot ESR in IDPA. However, should I decide to make the purchase, there are two important notes:

1) I'll never use it for defense/carry

2) As soon as I get it and verify its functioning properly out of the box, the lock is coming out, and I'm going to find some way to plug the hole.

All that said, I don't see the LCR as a bad idea. Provided it works, its probably a good idea. However, I have several J-frames that fill the LCR role of a lightweight .38 Special. All of them are tested and proved reliable and none of them have internal locks. I have a SP101 that fills the slightly larger/magnum role. It is also tested and proved, and also doesn't have an internal lock.

Now, if Ruger would come out with a higher quality version of the Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special (without a lock of course), I'd really be interested.
    -Landric

only about 5 different threads already running

Pay no attention to j21blackjack, he thinks you are talking about the ruger LCP not the LCR. I've never seen the LCR before, in fact I was on the ruger site earlier today and didn't see it then. Looks very promising. :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links