Looking for a Pistol Rack

This is a discussion on Looking for a Pistol Rack within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am looking for a pistol rack to go in my safe and would like some recommendations and pictures if you have time. It's going ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Distinguished Member

I am looking for a pistol rack to go in my safe and would like some recommendations and pictures if you have time. It's going in a large safe.

Cabelas has something. Try their website.

VIP Member
    Another possibility is build your own. Check out this link and see if it would work for you. It would allow you to modify it to fit your needs.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-safe-mod.html

Sportsmansguide has a few styles of pistol racks. I have one that I am very happy with. As I'm not good at adding photos, I can provide the item number so you can enter it in the search box on their web site. The item number is WX2-109650.

I find the angle the rack holds the pistol makes it very easy to access from the safe.

They have the ones that hang on the door. A sheet of material and some holsters that velcro to them. Have one, but seems like the holsters are too universal and some pistols slide too much.
    Cabellas and sportsman guide both have new ones for the door. Made of metal and 2 styles. One has them side against the door and either 8 or 16 guns. The other holds 8 and has the top toward the door.
    A bit pricey but depends what you want.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/search/search.asp?r=Page%3A%2FDefault.asp+KW+Box&s=SEARCH &a=search&k=rack+em[/URL

Lead Moderator
    Here is another pistol rack. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...t-my-rack.html
    FYI , for those of you who want to build one like my felt covered rack. I have found the felt does not hold humidity or moisture. I do use a few silica packs , but no goldenrod in my safe.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

If you want a cheap and easy do it yourself way you could do something like this on a larger scale. The wood ones linked earlier by archer, and rocky are really nice, but I know some folks don't have the tools or ability to do the wood work. Wood wasn't going to fit into this small safe of mine.

Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I've actually been thinking of adding one of these to my safe. I currently have these.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

I think "one of these" requires drilling. I'm in the market for something myself.

Go to www.gun-racks.com/pistol-racks. I got the 12 gun for Christmas 2 years ago and are very happy with it...

I use a few of the six-pistol version of the second example Hoss gave. They've sure gone up in price the last few years though!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

M2
    You can see the rack in my pistol safe...

(Click on thumbnail for full-sized pic)

I got it at a Sportsman's Warehouse and it works great for my little safe. Pistols are easy to access and I can store some ammo under them.

Cheers! M2

Being the frugal person that I am, I merely purchased a dishwasher rack component from Walmart while doing a casual Wally World Walk of course.
    It was just a couple of bucks, coated with white epoxy and stands up 8 [I believe] pistols. The pistols are best in this rack sitting upside-down on their slides. I also had to hacksaw off an inch or so from the four legs to allow it to sit inside the shelf available. Browse and you will find it.

Distinguished Member
    I choose the rotary rack from Cabela's. I will let you know how I like it when it arrives.

Distinguished Member
    Well I got the Hyskore Carousel 9 Gun Pistol Rack from Cabela's and it will not work in my safe. I have a Cannon C30 outside dimensions are 36Wx 60Hx 24D. Inside the dimensions are 32 3/4 W x 18 1/2 D. It is not a small safe, but you can not rotate it in a circle because the pistol butts will hit the back wall.
    So that defeats the purpose of having a carousel rack.

I ordered 1 of the 6 gun stack-able racks from Sportsman's Guide, I will see if I like it better.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links