Ammunition at Wallmart

This is a discussion on Ammunition at Wallmart within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This article was sent to me, not sure if it's true or not but it is interesting. Is the World ready for this?...

Thread: Ammunition at Wallmart

Ammunition at Wallmart

This article was sent to me, not sure if it's true or not but it is interesting.

Is the World ready for this?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I don't have time to go back and re-read that but doesn't the guy site "inside" sources but doesn't tell us who they are? Wallmart isn't the only place who's shelves are empty when you go to look for ammo. The "instant" background checks are taking hours to complete and gun shelves are less than half stocked at many stores because sales are so high. I'm more inclined to believe in supply and demand issues than a giant conspiracy theory. Consider this: if Walmart were so anti' then why don't they have their stores posted "no guns for good guys" at the entrance doors? They only forbid open carry.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Yesterday I posted a similar message elsewhere but in summary - I purchased some CCI 0030 ammo at Wal-Mart in Berea KY. The sales associate said they were low on all ammo. And even with replacement stock arriving daily or every two days, it sold out quickly. She was very nice (which is sometimes unheard of at Wal-Mart) and said there was no intention to stop selling ammo. It was simply supply and demand. And now, the demand is higher than the supply.
    Last edited by Diddle; January 26th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I think it is more of a supply and demand issue as well. Somebody that visits my local Wal Mart must have recently figured out that they had supply at one of the best prices in town now, because the shelf full of WWB suddenly got wiped out and for the first time it wasn't because of me.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Definitely cause of demand. I went to my local WalMart today and they had 29 100ct boxes of WWB. The guy behind the counter said better get them while you can cause it might be there last shipment for awhile. Well I went looking around cause I didn't want to carry it around with me (waiting on prescription). When I got back 25 minutes later he only had 4 boxes left! I bought'em out and vowed never to do that again.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Links