I talked the wife into...

This is a discussion on I talked the wife into... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A new Yugo SKS today for $169. So I hopped in the car and went to the gun shop and...sold out! Darn!!!...

Thread: I talked the wife into...

VIP Member

A new Yugo SKS today for $169. So I hopped in the car and went to the gun shop and...sold out! Darn!!!
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Bummer, for $169 I can see why "all sold out".
    So whats the back up plan?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

VIP Member
    I don't know yet but since she approved a gun purchase maybe I can bump the $ number up a bit and get something nice. I'm sure she'll yell at me but maybe I can give her the "but you said I could" argument. :)
    I haven’t heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Oh, dude...bummer...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

The is last decades pricing, haven't seen them that cheap in years. Did they have any 1300 rnd cases of 7.62 for $89? lol!!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

she doesn't need to know that an AK cost 400-500. it can easily be '169'

:D

For that price you should have bought two when it was in stock and ask her about it afterward.
    If then she had said no you turn around sand sell one for $340 on GunsAmerica or GunBroker to some sucker (err I mean buyer) and gain yourself a free gun, no harm no foul.
    If she had said yes then either you present to her said 'new' rifle a few days later or you go and buy a third for her to have & hold.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    she doesn't need to know that an AK cost 400-500. it can easily be '169'

:D
    I already have an AK so the SKS was just gonna get put up somewhere. Maybe at deer camp, maybe in a hole with some ammo. At $169 it would have been nice. Regular price is $269 and they were on sale 100 bucks off. Poof they were all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I already have an AK so the SKS was just gonna get put up somewhere. Maybe at deer camp, maybe in a hole with some ammo. At $169 it would have been nice. Regular price is $269 and they were on sale 100 bucks off. Poof they were all gone.
    Haven't you learned anything,buy it while it's there then ask permission,if she says yes your good if she says no you can hide it at your buddies house"I mean take it back to the store"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Haven't you learned anything,buy it while it's there then ask permission,if she says yes your good if she says no you can hide it at your buddies house"I mean take it back to the store"
    maybe hes new to this whole being with someone else thing :D

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    "I mean take it back to the store"
    Does that work with you when your wife brings home 2 pair of $199 shoes? "Oh, honey, I just couldn't decide which ones I wanted. I'll take the other pair back next week!"

The games married people have to play... [shudder]
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    maybe hes new to this whole being with someone else thing :D
    I'm going to celebrate ten happy years of marriage this summer and I plan on keeping it happy for ten more. As they say "when she's happy we're all happy".

Sponsored Links