Online gun purchases

This is a discussion on Online gun purchases within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; We have all looked around on Gunbroker, Summit, and Buds. How many of you have used these sites? I have a Gunbroker account, but 2 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Online gun purchases

Online gun purchases

We have all looked around on Gunbroker, Summit, and Buds. How many of you have used these sites? I have a Gunbroker account, but 2 yrs and no buying as of yet. Summit has a really good deal on CPO Sig P229s. How have your transactions been with these websites? It's really hard to pass up a good deal. I already have an FFL who will do the dirty work for me, I guess I'm just leary. What say you oh wise members of the forum?
    God Bless America!!

2. Remove Ads

I've used Bud's with no problems and great service as well as price. If you are military or LEO then there are other smaller dealers that may do as well or better. I bought my G26 thru a small dealer in Missouri...No one else could touch the price or didn't want to...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I ordered a RIA 1911 from Centerfire systems and had no problems at all. Used a local FFL and a week later gun was in my hand with minimal paperwork. Very smooth.
    The American flag does not fly because the wind moves past it-The American flag flies from the last breath of each military member who has died protecting it, American soldiers don't fight because they hate what's in front of them...they fight because they love what's behind them."

I used GunBroker to order an sks. I just sent the payment off yesterday. Time will tell how smooth the transaction is.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

I had wonderful service from Buds twice.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I've used Bud's, GunBroker and GunsAmerica. Never had a problem yet, knock on wood. On GunBroker and GunsAmerica I won't buy from someone without some positive feedback.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Bought 3 or 4 guns from Bud's and 1 off of Gunbroker. No problems with any of the transactions and the used guns were both in better shape than described.

I shopped both Gunbroker and GunsAmerica and ended up buying through GunsAmerica. It was a smooth and easy transaction and I would do it again in a second. As long as you find a good FFL and a reputable seller I don't see a problem with it. None of my local shops could match the deals I've had online.

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    Well it's hard to beat all this good words here. I will only say that your buying something you can't touch or see first hand except in pictures. In my personal view, that's bad mojo their partner. I'm glad folks have had good experiences, it helps my faith in the internet, but still, if I can't grip it and see it up close, I have a hard time trusting. Just be careful.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Distinguished Member Array Guardian's Avatar
    I see your from Oklahoma, why not wait till the next big gun show in Tulsa this year, my buddy and me will be going and their seems to be great deals during that one. What's a few more months since you've waited 2 years already.
    "I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger" Mencius"

Online gun purchases

I have sold 2 firearms on Gunbroker, and purchased 1. Also have sold misc gun related items there. All transactions have gone smoothly. Make sure you read the sellers feedback. I have looked at some that I would not buy from after reading their feedback.

Administrator
    I've not had any problems with GunBroker on my three or so transactions.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Buds is great imo. No worries about feedback. Got the gun about a week after i ordered and took it home that day. Its nice they keep FFL information so you just pick where you want them to send it.

Distinguished Member
    I just bought a SA TRP off of gunbroker, saved $323.00. I haven't received it yet so I will have to hold my opinion for now. The seller is easy to talk to, so I hope it goes well. I just mailed the certified check Wednesday.

I've bought from Impact Guns and Gunbroker in the past, no problems with either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links