New Sig 522 - Page 4

New Sig 522

This is a discussion on New Sig 522 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I handled/fondled one just a few days ago and it empresses me much more then the M4 platform examples. My local shop has both the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Sig 522

I handled/fondled one just a few days ago and it empresses me much more then the M4 platform examples. My local shop has both the black and green furniture variants and I can't decided between the two. The overall feeling of quality, forum and function is better then what I expected and now I need to decide what sort of optic to mount. I personally think it is a perfect platform for a red dot setup and will most likely go the extra mile and pick something up I can mount on other rifles without sacrificing quality. Hello Aimpoint..................

Any owners yet?

I canceled my backorder about 6 months ago when they pushed their available date back,I got more 22's than I can shoot now
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I held a 522 SWAT model Saturday afternoon. Very nice gun, but no sights included and it did seem a little heavy for a .22lr. If the M&P 15-22 I had on layaway there was for me and not for my kid, I seriously would have considered switching my money over to the Sig. If for no other reason, just to own a limited edition firearm for once. (It's stamped "1 of 2000" on the left side of the reciever.)
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

I have a 522 Classic. One of my new favorites.
    I sold an AR57 upper to buy it - that was fun too but just too expensive for plinking.

The 522 is accurate for a semi auto clone rifle. I'll have no problem hunting squirrels with it, even with the Bushnell 1x32 scope I bought.

It is a lot of fun, well built, dismantles easily for cleaning. I love the folding stock on it. It takes Black Dog mags which are $19 shipped from 44mag.com.

The best part is I can shoot hundreds of rounds for under $10!

I held one at Gander Mtn the other day. It was $449. Nothing wrong with it I guess, just wasn't quite as nice as I expected.

Still this, or a Saiga will be my next!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links