New Sig 522

This is a discussion on New Sig 522 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The Look and Feel of the Classic SIG556 in Affordable .22 Rifle SIG SAUER, Inc., the leading manufacturer of commercial, law enforcement, and military ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Sig 522

Exclamation New Sig 522

The Look and Feel of the Classic SIG556 in Affordable .22 Rifle SIG SAUER, Inc., the leading manufacturer of commercial, law enforcement, and military firearms fuels the demand for the legendary SIG556 performance but in an affordable .22 LR caliber with the new SIG522 semi-automatic rifle. Featuring SIG556 parts including a Swiss type folding stock and polymer forend on a durable metal receiver with integral Picatinny rail, and a Mini Red Dot sight. The SIG522 provides the avid sport shooter plenty of action on a classic military style platform that give the look, feel and dependability of our full size SIG556."

2. Remove Ads

The forend halves on the 522 are sweet.
    I wonder if they will fit my 556.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    How much does one of these retail for, if I may ask?
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

May have to get one of these. Sig 522LR Specifications say MSRP of $515.00.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

This is calling my name..I am in love with the 556 and can't afford one or the ammo :(

The way stuffs going we may only be able to afford to shoot 22's,I got my buddy a full auto 22 conversion for his m16 from ciener
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I agree! I know the 10/22's are "classic" guns, but IMO if I am buying a .22, I want it to at least look bad ass. Which this accomplishes!

I liked the looks of that thing so much I called my FFL and told him to get me one when they come out,It will look good next to my GSG 5.Besides the way ammo prices are going we will all be shooting 22 and not a lot at one time either @#$%^$%^& anti gun %$#@#$%^&*
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lead Moderator
    That is real nice looking, may have to think about it.

Janq - I put 551 foregrips on my 556, and it looks similar to the picture above, not to mention it saves about 8 oz. over the factory supplied one.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Tickle,

Where did you score 551 foregrips?

I've got two sets (upper and lower halves) of standard 556 but would like to secure a set of lighter weight units.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

Where did you score 551 foregrips?
    https://www.topgunsupply.com/home.php

Look under parts, they go for about $90. And Top Gun is one place I can recommend with out any hesitation. If you order and it's in stock, you'll have your stuff in 2-3 days. Right now the foregrips are in stock.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sweet Tickle..Thank you for the tip!

- Janq

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    Am I correct in assuming there is no way this should be used for anything other than plinking or rabbit hunting? I mean, since it is a .22 it is not suitable for any home defensive purposes, correct?

I just bought a GSG-5 which is the H&K clone. But I think the 522 is much better looking. The Sig web site says "fall of 2009" so don't start looking anytime soon. I think the popularity of the GSG-5 is what got Sig going on a Evil Black .22. (EB2?)

Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    I mean, since it is a .22 it is not suitable for any home defensive purposes, correct?
    Well...........I wouldn't want to be shot with one, but I wouldn't count on incapacitating a robber with it either.

I sure wish it would hurry up and come out! The Beretta CX4's are tempting me

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links