Hard to get (Pistol on order)

This is a discussion on Hard to get (Pistol on order) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I ordered a Kimber Raptor Pro II from my local store three weeks ago. Called today (they told me 7 - 10 days at first) ...

Thread: Hard to get (Pistol on order)

I ordered a Kimber Raptor Pro II from my local store three weeks ago. Called today (they told me 7 - 10 days at first) and was told that Kimber was completly out and producing firearms and shipping them. It is now a 60 - 90 day wait. Warehouses are a transition point now instead of a stockpiling one.

So what I posted to do was bring this up, to find out if anyone else had ran into the same issue, and just see what folks said about it. I have heard alot about ammunition sales being fairly rediculous (will prices ever come back down?) and some weapons - but this one is not one that I see selling a whole lot because its expensive, is a fancier weapon outside and the same inside as others.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    We were lucky, got two of the last 3 Kimber Pro Crimson Carry II's in stock. LGS said wait time on special orders from Kimber would be about 3 months.
    Supply and demand, more demand than supply recently.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I think it is the same with all companies

When my FFL called Sig he was told that their usual warehouse inventory was 26 pages, now it is 1/2 page!

Searn

All gun companies wind down at the end of december and spend most of January retooling their factories and setting up for production. You should start seeing the inventories back up to normal on all guns in late February and March.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Yeah, I've asked two of my local dealers about a SIG I want to buy. One hasn't got any answer back from the SIG rep in a week; the other says he has outstanding orders with SIG that are four months old!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Didn't know that rathos. This is a maintenance cycle then? Coupled with the fear of folks adds up to nothing in stock?

Sponsored Links