Something To Think About...

This is a discussion on Something To Think About... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT... In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were ...

Thread: Something To Think About...

Post Something To Think About...

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 6 million Jews and countless others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. Remember the "Killing Fields."

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: about 50 million.

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and exterminate?

Remember, with guns, we are citizens. Without them, we are merely subjects.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Nice-excellent post.

My question: what do you think would be the consequence of attempting to ban and confiscate exsisting firearms in the US?
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Great post! The countries mentioned in your post whether considered third world or not, all had one thing in common, they never saw it coming. The "It can't happen here syndrome". We have that here as well. When I'm told I don't need to carry because nothing is going to happen or why not let the police protect you. I hope it never happens here, but it could if we don't stand tough.

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    I'm noticing a pattern here.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

Assistant Administrator
    This has been around some while but is for sure very thought provoking.

Bottom line is - whatever country we might look at as disarmed - the potential for bad things is present. No certainty it would occur but a disarmed populace is vulnerable from all angles.

As the old saying goes - ''Power comes out of the barrel of a gun'' - ergo, no gun - no power.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticRick
    SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT...

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 6 million Jews and countless others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

This is one of the many reasons I decided to take up the govt' on my 2nd Amendment rights.

Most of my extended family was slaughtered by the Nazis. I could easily not be here if my great grandfather and his family didn't successfully make it out.

Anyone that thinks "It won't happen to me. I'm a white, middle aged, middle class guy" think again. My great grandfather was a white, middle aged, middle class guy, and they came for him.
    יזכר לא עד פעם
    Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am.
    Remember. Never Again.

My question: what do you think would be the consequence of attempting to ban and confiscate exsisting firearms in the US?

http://www.nwowatcher.com/ebooks/Uni...nsequences.pdf

Maybe.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

Links