Ciener M16 conversion kit

This is a discussion on Ciener M16 conversion kit within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Last week I bought a conversion kit for my buddys M16 he has a 10" barrel on his upper and after trying it out it ...

Thread: Ciener M16 conversion kit

Ciener M16 conversion kit

Last week I bought a conversion kit for my buddys M16 he has a 10" barrel on his upper and after trying it out it jammed left and right.I told him it might be the short barrel isn't allowing the pressure to spike long enough to allow the blowback option to function.So today he brought his 20" upper and we installed the conversion kit,as he loaded a 30 round mag and chambered a round I held my breath then came the sound of a sewing machine at full tilt,It functioned flawlessly It has a higher rate of fire probably around 1000 RPM or higher.Needless to say we shot about 1000 rounds od 22 LR out of it in a couple hours and my thunbs are sore from loading magazines.The cost of 22 vs. 223 is about 1/10th the cost.The kit cost 209.00 shipped and paid for itself in ammo price saved in one day.Plus the fact there is very little recoil so It's very easy to teach people to fire it on full autocan't wait til next weekend
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

It may be a little late to mention this, but Ciener has a specific M-16 full auto conversion kit. I'm not exactly sure what the differences are, but that might have had something to do with it also.

That being siad, I've been looking at the Ciener kits a lot lately just because of ammo price, how dirty did your upper and gas tube get?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    It may be a little late to mention this, but Ciener has a specific M-16 full auto conversion kit. I'm not exactly sure what the differences are, but that might have had something to do with it also.

That being siad, I've been looking at the Ciener kits a lot lately just because of ammo price, how dirty did your upper and gas tube get?
    The M16 kit is the one I bought and he repayed me,I have an AR15 conversion and the only difference in the 2 kits is the M16 FA kit has a removable anti bounce weight that is added on and a auto sear trip that is added on to the AR15 conversion that you can remove.The barrel and gas tube seemed to be okay even after having almost 1000 rounds fired FA thru it.we were shooting federal bulk box 550 count ammo and it ran almost perfect.
    My buddy has several FA guns and he was happy with the way the conversion operated
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Administrator
    I've had one for years, and use it sometimes in my AR as well as M4. It works well, but it likes to be wet.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I've had one for years, and use it sometimes in my AR as well as M4. It works well, but it likes to be wet.
    Yes about every 200 to 300 rounds we gave it a little shot of CLP

I purchase one in 1993 and it is still going strong

It'd be nice to have a M-16. I can't afford it, and if I did, I'd be on the receiving end of it when my wife found out. She loves her guns, but not that much, $$$$$.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

My buddy bought his M16 for $3000.00 several years ago,His uzi he picked up for $2000.00,HK MP5 $5,000.You can't touch an M16 or MP5 for under about 15,000 today.

Whom did you order the kit from? What was the total again.

The kit was ordered from John Ciener total cost was 209.00 shipped,website is www.22lrconversions.com.I found replacement 27 and 32 round magazines at JSE surplus for $21.00 for the 32 rounders and $28.00 for the 27 round full body mags.These mags from Black Dog have a follower that locks the bolt open on empty mag

Links