Busy Firearms Weekend

Busy Firearms Weekend

This is a discussion on Busy Firearms Weekend within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a busy firearms weekend, I bought a Springfield TRP Friday and sold a Kimber Compact Stainless ll and a Glock G36 today. I ...

Thread: Busy Firearms Weekend

Distinguished Member

Busy Firearms Weekend

I had a busy firearms weekend, I bought a Springfield TRP Friday and sold a Kimber Compact Stainless ll and a Glock G36 today. I have a feeling that I am going to miss my Kimber, but I have another Glock.

One thing that I don't like about the Springfield is that it has a ILS, my Kimber didn't. I didn't know this before I bought it until I was reading the manual. But I hear that it is not a issue and I am not going to carry it. Wish they wouldn't put that crap on a pistol or if they did they would have it written in the specs. in red. I got a good deal on it so I might change it out and get a one peace guide rod. I also hate putting the barrel bushing and guide rod spring back in it. My Kimber was a whole lot easier to assemble. I know that it has a EE, but it was 100 percent reliable.

I editing this post, because the problem was me. I found a video online last night that showed how to reassemble my exact pistol. Now I can assemble it just as fast if not faster than my Kimber. My problem was not putting the barrel bushing in flush, before I tried to depress the recoil spring. What a difference a little help can make.

The site was wonderhowto.com, then you will have to seach.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by redrick; February 8th, 2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: I became educated.

My Springfield Loaded has the ILS and I'm having someone put a smith & alexander one piece MSH+mag well. One, it will get rid of the ILS, and two, I plan on using it for IDPA so the mag well will be convenient.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Lead Moderator
    Great looking Springfield. I own a SA Champ with the ILS . Never used it, never had a problem with it.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sponsored Links