Defensive Carry banner

Video of Taurus Judge in action

3K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  svgheartland 
#1 ·
#4 ·
While it's an interesting idea, I just don't see it as a carry gun. I definitely want more than 5 rounds in my primary carry gun, and I don't see speed loaders as an option that will work. JMO but it's too big for a BUG. Not really sure I'd want to use it as a HD gun, I still don't like the 5 round limits on it even for HD.

#8 ·
that looked like a lot of mess to clean up. I'm bummed I had to send my Judge in for repairs. Didn't get 5 rounds thru it and had problems with the trigger and cylinder lockup. Took it back to the dealer week before last and haven't heard anything yet.

#9 ·
Since the Judge uses 410 shot I only see it being useful in car jackings like seen in the vid. It's more a point blank range gun. I wouldn't use it for self defense in public or in the home. At home I prefer a 12g and in public a 357 or 44 magnum over a 45. Nice gun though.

#13 ·
I planned to OC mine when riding horse instead of my .357

Also to car carry since it's impossible to draw my tucked G27 from the IWB when in the driver's seat.

#14 ·
I think the best video I've seen of it "in use" was in Max Payne

#16 ·
I wondered if that was the judge in there but wasn't sure!

#18 ·
I own a couple. I use them for field carry in low country/swamps. We've got rattle snakes, feral hogs, and the occasional nitwit hunting hogs on the wrong piece of property w/pit bulls, etc. The Judge does nothing really well but many things "pretty good". I mix the wheel beginning w/#6 followed by 45's or buckshot followed by 45's depending on the season. Yeah.....there's arguments against doing so but it works well as long as you remember your loading pattern. And I never change my 2:3 mix. If you put the Judge in it's proper place and use it accordingly, it's a fine gun. BTW, change the grips to Hogues if you get into one. Oh yeah.....I can't even imagine a Judge in IWB or something like that. Nope....that doesn't work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.