Had an encounter with the mall ninjas at a local gunshop

This is a discussion on Had an encounter with the mall ninjas at a local gunshop within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gglockster We cannot be gun snobs. Even a so called "Mall Ninja" has a Second Amendment Right and just as importantly has ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Had an encounter with the mall ninjas at a local gunshop

Quote Originally Posted by gglockster View Post
    We cannot be gun snobs. Even a so called "Mall Ninja" has a Second Amendment Right and just as importantly has a Constitutional Right to vote. We need every vote we can get.

So how do we rein in our brethren without alienating them? I don't feel that making fun of them is the right thing to do.
    2a Rights do not include sweeping people with a gun.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Do you think Gecko45 was there?
    im sure he was there in spirit...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

I was at a counter getting box of shotgun shells once, and 2 younger kids were trying to buy AMMO, and the one was cocky & came across as a problem child. He was about 17. They wouldn't sell to him because he was underage.... and he kept saying to them.... "what do you think I'm going to do, go shoot people with them ? ".

the next day, I saw the same kid on the evening news..... he had gone into a school and started shooting people. He killed the Principal, seriously wounded a couple of teachers and students, and wounded others as well (although not seriously).

I did contact a Sheriff's detective I knew and let him know where I had seen him the day before and what he had said.

He's been "free" for awhile now...... because he was convicted as a juvenile. So, they kept him for 4 yrs in a juvenile facility and then let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    They wouldn't sell to him because he was underage.... and he kept saying to them.... "what do you think I'm going to do, go shoot people with them ? ". the next day, I saw the same kid on the evening news..... he had gone into a school and started shooting people. He killed the Principal, seriously wounded a couple of teachers and students, and wounded others as well (although not seriously).
    Slighlt off post. Could you imagine the **** storm that the would be ranting about if the store did break the rules and sold him some ammo? and as the saying goes "There is a lot of truth in jest."

What a hoot!!! Hopefully the mods traced it back to its source, and got this guy the help he so obviously needs!
    Trying to leave as large a carbon footprint as possible.
    Shivering in the "heat"
    Innocent as doves, wise as serpents, armed like wolves.

That was a great display of ignorance from their part. I hope they mature and learn soon, before they hurt themselves or someone else.

Yes, definitely Gecko45 was there inconspicuously.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    see what tv/movies/videos games do to the youths. they turn them into mall ninjas.
    I hope that was a joke...
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Rottkeeper is absolutely right

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    2a Rights do not include sweeping people with a gun.
    Actually it does, the Second Amendment is absolute.

jfl
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Do you think Gecko45 was there?
    I was just going to ask the same question; does he have any brothers???

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Personally I don't see anything bad with the story. If anything it shows the huge amount of misinformation and stupidity out there that we must address.

I recently had a similar Desert Eagle experience. About 2 weeks ago I went to the local quick lube place for an oil change. I was wearing my no so subtle NRA cap and one of the guys in the shop started to talk guns. he said he was saving his money to buy a Desert Eagle in .50 cal for self-defense. I gently explained that for SD purposes that weapon was a tad too much for the uninitiated. He admitted that other than going to the range with buddies a couple of times, he had no firearms experience so I explained to him about the weight of the gun being a factor for an emergency plus that there where other things to consider like ammo cost, overpenetration and its legal consequences plus the cost of the firearm itself and that maybe instead he should be looking for something more "normal" and get training. He was very receptive and appreciative but since I did not want him to leave him feel like a fool I told him that if later on he wanted a gun for the "cool" factor, to check the S&W Backpacker because it was designed as a defensive weapin against Grizzly Bears in Alaska and places like that and that it was much cooler than a gangsta-wannabe Desert Eagle.
    Excellent; every time we can give, even a little bit, of education, we help our cause.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

me
    Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    see what tv/movies/videos games do to the youths. they turn them into mall ninjas.
    I hope that was a joke...
    WHY?

I am a youth pastor and obviously pro-gun. Well Guns and video games very often come up in discussions with the young males I work with. I have one idiot student who constantly uses the name "DEGAL" to refer to the desert eagle. Apparently this is the name for it one of these TACTICOOL video games has given it. Even as I correct him every time and tell him how uninformed and stupid he looks for calling it that he continues.

I do have a friend whose father passed down a D.E. 44 Magnum, I see no purpose for this large (Frame wise) of a gun. We, jokingly, wore the Leg drop holster it came with for 10 minutes each around the house. WAY TOO impractical for anything I can think of.
    Last edited by me; February 15th, 2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: spelling
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Yup, I've seen a few meatheads like them!
    "There is no such thing as too much ammo. Unless you're swimming!"

Quote Originally Posted by gglockster View Post
    Actually it does, the Second Amendment is absolute.
    The 2a gives you the RKBA, not to act in a dangerous or menacing way.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links