Baby Eagles

Baby Eagles

This is a discussion on Baby Eagles within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was looking at one at our local forum.. There was one for sale for 370. it was a polymer model, I figured ya know, ...

Thread: Baby Eagles

Baby Eagles

I was looking at one at our local forum.. There was one for sale for 370. it was a polymer model, I figured ya know, IMI/Magnum Research.... decent brand maybe go for it. Then I looked at their warranty. its a 1 year!!!

what kinda warranty is that!? even hi-points have a 1 year warranty!!! almost better off buying one of those!!! they aren't even rated for +P ammo, where the hi-point is!

is that the trust they have in their weapon? I thought it was hilarious. I immediately changed my mind about buying it.

Well....

Don't judge a gun by it's warranty.

I have a '95 Desert Eagle (IMI) .44 mag. I have shot thousands upon thousands of rounds through it. I have had 1 failure. Broken firing pin form dry firing.

My daily carry weapon for 1.5 years. Baby Eagle .40 S&W Full Size. Also have fired several thousand rounds through it since I got it. 0 failures, eats anything I feed it (several different factory flavors, factory reloads, and now my reloads), very accurate. Last range trip shooting at a 16"x16" steel plate at 100m, got 9 hits out of 13 shots shooting my reloads, 8" group. That target was the width and height of the front sight at that range.

I paid $569 for mine. They run $620 now. $370 is a steal for a gun designed for the Israeli police and military (AKA Jericho). If it is good enough for them in the harsh conditions over there, it sure as heck is good enough for me.

If I had the money, I'd jump on it.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

In over 30 years of purchasing firearms, new and used, I have never had one that needed any type warranty work. This includes well known, and not so well known manufacturers.

Don't judge a firearm by its warranty. Warranty adds cost to products. Do a little research and if you like what you see, buy it. That's what forums like this are for.

Magnum Research is a "State of the Art" company.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    ...................... Then I looked at their warranty. its a 1 year!!!

what kinda warranty is that!? even hi-points have a 1 year warranty!!! ......................

not that I am a fan of Hi-Point firearms, but I think they have an unconditional lifetime warranty, no matter how many owners.

It's kinda funny how some of the high end platforms don't provide long term warranty service, at least to the original owner.

surv

IMI puts out nice guns and Baby Eagles are nice guns
    Glock 32 (357 sig)

No first hand experience here, but the guys at my range say that Baby Eagles are very untrustworthy - they break easy.

YMMV, of course.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

The BE is an uncommon weapon. It is a high dollar import. They (Magnum Research & Israeli Military/Weapons Industry - IMI/IWI) have not done a whole of of advertising to the general public, other than Hollywood for movie props (Yes, I have seen several movies using the BE)

Too expensive for the average shooter, does not have the name like Glock or 1911.

I have yet to hear or read anything negative about them. The only people that say "Don't" are trying to sell something else.

gilraen - I'd be curious to hear specifics on "untrustworthy" & "they break easy" from the guys at your range.

IIRC Glocks had some severe issues at first. Most 1911's need some work done to them to smooth the trigger, tighten the barrel & slide...
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links