This is a discussion on 38... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; How do i tell the difference between a blank 38 and a real firing one? It has Olympic on the side does this mean that ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 38...

How do i tell the difference between a blank 38 and a real firing one? It has Olympic on the side does this mean that it is deffintaly a blank or do olympic guns fire aswell? The slugs (bullets) dont look like blanks help me please..

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Put it back where you found it and ask the owner to explain the functions of the "gun". If that is not possible take it to a gun shop and ask for an evaluation, don't load it don't pull the trigger don't get anyone hurt.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Put it back where you found it and ask the owner to explain the functions of the "gun".
    Excellent response. If you dont know how the firearm functions, you need to have instruction. We cannot do that here/now. We would need to see the gun.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Could you please tell me if its real or a blank shooter only? It has olympic engraved on the side. Thats ma question..be helpful and answer it.

1943 - 2009
    Thats ma question..be helpful and answer it.
    GunMan, we would answer your question if you gave us enough to go on. "Olympic" engraved on the side means absolutely nothing.

Sorry, but that's the best we can do.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

You need to take it to somebody that is knowledgeable in guns,your life may depend on it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Consider it a real one please.

Take it to a gun shop. If you are not sure no one else can tell you unless they can see the gun. I wouldn't try to shoot it before I had it checked out.

Treat the gun & bullet like it is real /Take it to a Gunsmith!!!!!

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You need to take it to somebody that is knowledgeable in guns,your life may depend on it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Take it to a gun shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by hogdaddy View Post
    Treat the gun & bullet like it is real /Take it to a Gunsmith!!!!!
    Probably not an option. The OP lives in the U.K., according to his IP address. Gun shops and gunsmiths are rare as hen's teeth in jolly olde England.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Probably not an option. The OP lives in the U.K., according to his IP address. Gun shops and gunsmiths are rare as hen's teeth in jolly olde England.
    I suppose that is the problem with web based discussions; the profile has him in America. As in the renowned cases of Gecko and Specop people can pretend anything they want and computer novices like myself can easily be deceived.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

ok, please proceed with the discussion.
    Wreck'em Tech! Go Red Raiders!

I have the Signess!

Sig Sauer P225 Montage Suisse / Sig Sauer P238 / Sig Sauer P226 9mm CPO / S&W M&P9c

Administrator
    Well, if you do a Google Image Search for Olympic Blank Gun & Olympic Starter Pistol you can find various images of Olympic blank firing handguns.

To answer your one question - Firearms that are built and intended to be Blank Firing or Starter Pistols can never be used to fire live ammunition and should you attempt to do it you can get seriously injured, maimed, blinded, or killed when the thing literally explodes in your hand.

A word to the wise should be sufficient.

VIP Member
    I may be mistaken, but I thought even blank firing guns were illegal in the UK. Which if that is the case this thread should be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I may be mistaken, but I thought even blank firing guns were illegal in the UK. Which if that is the case this thread should be closed.
    This thread should just be closed, regardless, no good can come of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links