Post birthday thanks and question about what next?

This is a discussion on Post birthday thanks and question about what next? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My birthday was yesterday and I had a fantastic day. I really have been blessed by God with family and friends this past year. I ...

Thread: Post birthday thanks and question about what next?

My birthday was yesterday and I had a fantastic day. I really have been blessed by God with family and friends this past year. I am most appreciative of all the help this forum has provided. It has been extremely helpful in broadening my knowledge base.

Due to this forum over the past two years: I started to develop my own collection which includes a G19, zanotti safe (for easy transport), a noveske ar 15, a saiga 12 gauge and most recently for my b-day yesterday , a springfield scout squad. I also have a cx4 on layaway (like its feel and ? ban on imported firearms, 1st ?)

My intent has really been to put together a collection based on quality, reliability, availibility of ammo and the possible forethought of an eventual AWB and prepartion prior to its inception.

I always smirk at the "what should I buy next question". Its has the obigatory response of whatever you like, what fits your hand, what fits your budget, etc....

So, in honor of another year of life, I humbly pose what should I look at next w/ the parameter above, particulary with an eventual awb.

Yes I plan on a pump shotgun. I have recently developed a sig and 1911 fetish. I am also interested in a lever action rifle/pistol 357 or 44 mag combo. But I am trying to sublimate the lust and urges and think how to best use my money most effectively with the probable soon to come limitation of all our rights.

Thanks again and a happy blessed new year to everyone.

(p.s. I'm already registered for a gunsite and another tdi class later this year thanks to a great fiancee)

What's next?

If you haven't already, join the NRA, GOA, JPFO and at least one local grass roots 2A organization, or one day not too distant, you may be handing over that collection. United we stand!
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    - P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

- Nex ut Novus Universitas Ordo! -

VIP Member
    With the rules above, check out the Sig556. They have several models based on what you want it to do for you. SIG SAUER
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Certainly agree with the support for organizations which provide a voice.

Question regarding the sig 556: Does it really justify the price difference compared to noveske ar 15 ? I'm putting together a collection primarily for home defense. Will most likely not be running any of these guns in adverse conditions. (but you never know, and reliability is always a plus) Just curious about your opinion about the additional value it adds.

Again thanks

Sponsored Links