I Have Failed!! - Page 2

I Have Failed!!

This is a discussion on I Have Failed!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; My carry gun is a Glock 19. My 1911A1 is setup with Match sights, and is too heavy, too big and carries too few rounds ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Have Failed!!

My carry gun is a Glock 19. My 1911A1 is setup with Match sights, and is too heavy, too big and carries too few rounds for CCW. I've carried 1911A1's and M9 Beretta's for living, and still, I prefer the Glock for a CCW gun. Simple controls are hard to screw up when it comes time to save yourself.

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    IF and I do mean IF I were to buy a Glock, it would be the 19. I have had a considerable amount of experience with them as an Instructor for my security dept. When corporate allowed us to be armed they purchased 65 Glock 19's for us. During qualifications I would take 5 of them to the range and put 1200 rounds through each gun in 5 days, without cleaning or oiling them in anyway,

They never failed to go bang.
    ACPArmed,
    Why do you say IF? Sounds like they did everything you ask of them.

Proud owner of a G22 and G19.
    Curry

I guess this makes me a switch hitter (may have to go see "Humpback Mountain" after this ). I carry both Glocks and 1911 style (Para-Ord P-14) depending on my mood, for IWB the 1911 platform is more comfortable for me and I feel they hide better in that carry mode and I take the P-14 when I feel the threat level is higher than day to day. For concealed carry in the Glock family I do defiantly prefer the G-19, big enough to get a hold of, carries enough ammo to get the job done, small enough to conceal.

For an all round Glock the 19 is tough to beat, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the 19 is/was the best selling model a couple years ago, the mid size .40 may have equaled or passed it by now, but used 19s should not be too difficult to find at reasonable prices.

Smile My name? Vy it is und FREUD...SIGMUND FREUD....

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT
    I agree with Tangle on everything he said.

Don't understanding the Glock bashing. I understand comments made in jest, that happens all the time between riders of different brands of motorcycles' and I've also been doing that as long as I have been shooting.

Proud owner of Glock models 23, 26, and 30; also S&W models 637, 60, 640 and 686. Each has its purpose.
    I love my combat tupperware and feel not the slightest bit "lesser armed" when carrying my M27. Dishwasher safe, too.

I think those who shudder at the thought of GLOCK are the died in the wool iconoclasts among us who have a deep seated fear of change. When phasers hit the market they'll be saying Too light! Not enough stopping power!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Wow, I'm glad we're all friends here! I'd hate to make this many armed people mad! LOL Well we are looking at a Glock 19, as per the advice received. Thanks guys! I Think!!! IT's used and we'll see if we can get together on the price. I told my son we'd add on to the dog house and he could keep it out there but the dog threatened to leave. JOKING, I"m just joking Glock people!!

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BCurry1
    ACPArmed,
    Why do you say IF? Sounds like they did everything you ask of them.
    Yes, they did everything asked of them and I don't mean to put Glocks down. The bottom line is that they are dependable, accurate, reliable and extremely durable handguns. I would feel adequately armed with one under any circumstances.

I just don't like the feel of them. The grip angle doesn't suit me and I just have an inborn aversion to plastic guns. That's a personal choice, not something against Glocks.

I also don't like the trigger/safety system in a Glock. For an inexperienced shooter who hasn't learned trigger finger control, they can be dangerous. I have read and heard of more ND's with Glocks than any other handgun. That is a user induced malfunction, not anything to do with the gun itself.

On a semi-auto I prefer an external safety of some kind. I feel that JMB's 1911 design is the best self-defense package ever created.

Once again, that's a personal choice, not any thing against Gaston's design.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    On a semi-auto I prefer an external safety of some kind. I feel that JMB's 1911 design is the best self-defense package ever created.
    I only wish everyone felt this way, the world would be so much better.

The reason's people don't like glocks its simple

Plastic

No soul

And the #1 that turned me off for a long time other glock owners not is a good sell everything you got at classic python nickel plated 357 its not worth what my glock is ...HUh?

i wanna be insulted ill stay at work

then glock marketing perfection yeah right ..

But i did finally buy one when i wanted to not when all the other glock people kept telling me to buy and i enjoy it but its not for everyone ..

Like some of the small guns don't interest me at all

And a website that will remain unnamed of people go there for info there even more turned off by the people there i was when i was trying to make a educated buy one a glock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links