Now THIS is a trade offer

This is a discussion on Now THIS is a trade offer within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is crazy. I get a call from, well let's just say an interested party who has business knowing such things, and here's the deal. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now THIS is a trade offer

Now THIS is a trade offer

This is crazy. I get a call from, well let's just say an interested party who has business knowing such things, and here's the deal.

Someone is offering to trade me out of every handgun I own, both XDs, all the revolvers including the one I have on the way, my dad's Ruger, the Sig, the CZ, I mean all of them, in exchange for:

1. A Colt SAA in .44 Special, 6.5" bbl with nickel finish and real ivory grips. Probably unfired but can't prove it.
    2. A Browning High Power, nickel finish not sure of particular model, real clean.

Now these are two BEAUTIFUL fine handguns. The Colt made me drool. Oh my God it's so perfect, so absolutely perfect.

The High Power is no slouch either, I just don't really have a use for it personally. I wouldn't mind owning one some day because they're very nice, but I've never felt a compulsion to get one.

I turned it down gently and thanked for the offer but I explained I'm not really in a position to take him up on it. He then quoted me cash prices on both of them (you don't want to know about the SAA, the Browning was $600 firm) and said he didn't have to trade them as a pair.

I have a day to think about it. I'm not going to do it, but man if I said I wasn't thinking about it I would be lying!

2. Remove Ads

Some times hard to pass up a deal but something will come along you want at a more proper time for you

Yeah it can wait. And honestly, neither of these guns are really good for anything. They're super nice, but for shooters... not so much.

thats true ya dont want to shot the SAA

The BHP could be used, but I wouldn't CCW it and the nickel finish presents difficulties. Plus I feel like if I just really want to carry a gun like that, The CZ 75B carried Condition One is close enough for me.

Still that's a crazy offer. The guy really wants me to do it too, but I don't think he understands I actually use my guns for something...

your right he probley doesn't understand

Lead Moderator
    not much use for a authentic Colt SAA , unfired. would be cool to have, but liek euc., all my guns have a purpose and are used.

Assistant Administrator
    Temptation Euc - it ain't easy but -

You have bags of time to go that route one day when you are rich and famous!

I betcha too - once you have slept on it, it'll seem less special tomorrow - what you have is just great and is worth keeping, your Dad's gun especially.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Oh I was never going to do it. But I did go look and see. You don't get to handle a nickel SAA with ivory grips every day.

Euc? ya want Colt SAAs?? I'll find you what you want
    They're plentiful, and they don't really move fast at the store...........check the website, and you'll see they're a bit over priced, yet they're REALLY nice guns.... ..........Personally......what you have now........I wouldn't trade for the World, as some of them would be very special to me (meaning your Dad's personal guns) And you'd be losing money on the deal.........trust me....
    I'll get you a pic of the Colt SAA's in the case on Thursday night, and you can lust over em..........This way, the weapons you have (yours and your Dad's) can rest safely.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

No one offers a trade where they don't think they're gaining on the deal.

Oh yeah I know I'd be losing on the deal. But it's not every day someone wants to trade you out of your whole pile!

Imagine Class3 someone showing up with one copy of each of the very first Colt firearm ever made of every model they ever made. Worth a bloody fortune to be sure, pristine, beautiful, unfired... And offering you that in trade for every handgun you own.

You wouldn't do it either. But you'd sure want to see their offer!

PS In no rush for a SAA. Not at all.

nope............Your dad's guns (if I were in your shoes) are worth more than that guy could ever give me for them.....
    SAAs don't "flip my kilt" in any fashon either LOL
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Yeah you get it.

I wish I could have taken a picture. I'm not an addict of the SAA, but this one was just so perfect and pristine. I normally don't get to handle guns like that so it was a bit of a treat just to see it in person and be able to touch it.

If it had come into Kittery you'd have taken it home.

But to be quite honest, I'd rather have a double action .44 Magnum revolver for my only handgun chambered for .44 Special .. oh wait... I do have a double action .44 Magnum... hehe.

The BHP was pretty nice and on another day I might trade into it, but I don't really want or need a nickle finish BHP to be very blunt about it.

OD*
    Euc,

You may want to ask questions on that Colt, a 6.5" barrel was never factory standard.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I'm going off memory... I may have meant something else.
    Maybe I meant 5.5"?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links