Gun Confiscation

Gun Confiscation

This is a discussion on Gun Confiscation within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; A lot of us talk about on forums and have signatures that talk about only having our guns taken away only after we've put up ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Confiscation

Gun Confiscation

A lot of us talk about on forums and have signatures that talk about only having our guns taken away only after we've put up a fight.

However, I watched some videos on youtube from the Katrina confiscation and all these gun owners said they peacefully gave up their guns.

It seems to me that we never really know what we'll do until this situation occurs, but how can we "train" for these situations to be better prepared for whatever the future holds for us. Hopefully, this never happens during my lifetime but who knows.

VIP Member
    I think a lot of people talk about what they would WANT to do, but if they would actually follow through is another story. I don't ever want to willingly give up my guns, but am I willing to defend my RTBA with the use of my guns? I hope I never find out.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

I think there would be a lot more hide and seek that stand up fights. Confiscation would be much easier in states that require documentation of ownership and transfers between individuals. Of course the problem is that they would only have papers on weapons owned by law abiding citizens. They still would not be taking a single "illegal weapon" off the street.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator
    If the government gets desperate enough to confiscate guns, then its time to use them against those that would do it.

Think about it. After guns, then what?
    Right to assemble?
    Right to speak freely?
    Right to worship?
    Right to dissent?

The only thing that separates us from every other country in the world is the right to bear arms.

When that is gone, we will be like every other country. I've been to a bunch of them, and I haven't seen one yet that is better than what we have, right here,right now. Even with the fools we have in office, we are still better off than most...right now.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I am not going to initiate a fight with an officer of the law come knocking on my door. Nor am I going to say anything that may be used in evidence later.

If the day comes, it is not likely to be a peaceful day. Lots of people around here still speak of the war or northern aggression. If Sherman tried to march through here today, he would be handed his hat.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    ... They still would not be taking a single "illegal weapon" off the street.
    They would actually be putting more "illegal" weapons out there because the law abiding citizen would become an instantaneous felon with a gun.
    When in doubt empty the magazine.

"There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet the enemy." - George Washington

Realistically: I am not going to barricade myself and shoot a LEO who attempts to follow orders to confiscate my guns. It would be interesting to see if the "uniformed community" would follow such an order. Katrina showed they will, but this was a somewhat extreme example. One wouldn't think that officers would participate in looting either.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Administrator
    I'd like to point out that the LEO will not be foloowing orders at that point. An outside force would need to do the job, not a civilian police force.

Also, if guns are completly banned and in large part taken away, whats the point in keeping yours? If you use it to defend yourself, you're screwed. If you use it for recreation, you're screwed. You cant buy ammo, you cant get parts... see what I mean?
    "Just blame Sixto"

My guess is if and when the attempt at gun collection comes it will be Obama's new civilian armed forces. You know, the one he suggested while campaigning, equal to the army but civilian based. His equvilant of the brown shirt army.
    It would be an interesting time. God bless the UUSSA.
    oldog
    Last edited by Miggy; February 22nd, 2009 at 09:59 PM. Reason: getting rid of an extra letter

VIP Member
    I've already turned all mine in and will never ever buy another evil gun again. Wink wink.
    A word of warning; if you can afford to do more Bear does not recommend giving your wife two pieces of bubble gum for her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Also, if guns are completly banned and in large part taken away, whats the point in keeping yours? If you use it to defend yourself, you're screwed. If you use it for recreation, you're screwed. You cant buy ammo, you cant get parts... see what I mean?
    That is a rhetorical question, right? If it comes down to mass confiscations, we are all the definition of screwed...

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    That is a rhetorical question, right?
    It was; but it is something to think about.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    It was; but it is something to think about.
    Definitely something to think about.

I think that if this were to occur it would most likely be done under martial law. If the government were to come into our homes and take our guns by force or threat it would be a sign that our government had failed us. Lets hope that day never comes.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulJ View Post
    Realistically: I am not going to barricade myself and shoot a LEO who attempts to follow orders to confiscate my guns. It would be interesting to see if the "uniformed community" would follow such an order.
    That would be an illegal order. And, they have followed them in the past and they will in the future.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links