One or two?

This is a discussion on One or two? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have the good fortune this week to be in this situation and I want some input. I have a chance to buy a VERY ...

Thread: One or two?

VIP Member

One or two?

I have the good fortune this week to be in this situation and I want some input. I have a chance to buy a VERY nice custom fusion commander 1911 stainless in .40 cal (my fav) for about 1k. Or I could use the same money to buy a Para P14-40 and a shotgun. I already own a Full size Para and like it allot.

In these troubled times what do you think is the wise move? One or two? JD, Husker, Sixto?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

2. Remove Ads

Three. And ammo. Lots of ammo. And a reloader.

Seriously, if one is truly worried about troubled times, I would not go without a shotgun. And I would think more about having duplicates and spare parts than I would about variety. And ammo. Lots of ammo.

Really it comes down to what you want. For every person who says get two guns, there will be one who says "go for the custom 1911."

It's really "What do YOU want".

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

On the other hand... If you don't already own a shotgun... A shotgun is always good to have in your arsenal.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    I already have two shotguns. A mossy 500 and a 930. I would like to get a dedicated semi auto HD shotgun with higher capacity, but it's not a must.
    Last edited by atctimmy; February 22nd, 2009 at 10:44 PM. Reason: add words semi auto
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

If I had a $1000 to spend on a 1911 I would get a Colt 70 series.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Get the Fusion. I'm not a fan of Para's at all.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta Force View Post
    If I had a $1000 to spend on a 1911 I would get a Colt 70 series.
    Please keep these kind of posts to yourself. I don't want a Glock or a phaser gun. I would like to discuss the above mentioned weapons. Thank you.
    Last edited by atctimmy; February 22nd, 2009 at 10:45 PM.

1911 stainless in .40 cal (my fav) for about 1k
    I think this is the gun you really want. Plus you already have two shotguns.

Personally I'd go with the Fusion. It's a much nicer gun then the Para. Also, since you have two shotguns, any reason why you can't convert one of those into a dedicated HD gun?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

Why limit yourself,you can buy a HiPoint in every calibre and configuration and a buncha ammo,were talking bling bling.Seriously tho the fusion would be a great gun and maybe buy a short barrel and mag extension for one of your shottys,I got a mossberg 9200 12 gauge with 4+1 and I do not feel undergunned,plus a 5 round side saddle with slugs and more 00 buck.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The Fusion...absolutely, without a doubt.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I'm a quality over quantity kind of guy when it comes to most things......
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Links