Custom work on your polymer pistol

This is a discussion on Custom work on your polymer pistol within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering if anyone here has had any work done on their polymer pistols. I came across a website ya'll are probably familiar with ...

Thread: Custom work on your polymer pistol

I was wondering if anyone here has had any work done on their polymer pistols. I came across a website ya'll are probably familiar with called springer precision. I am interested in getting the grip on my XD textured. They can also make the grip SC leingth. I like this idea since the grip is really the only quam I have with the gun. Its a little long and prints in my work attire. Maybe while its getting a face lift I will have night sights and a trigger job done on er. post pics too if you got em. Thanks in advance.

I found this link, I think it is the sweetest XD I have ever laid eyes on.
    XD Eye Candy! My CUSTOM XD-40 V-10 (No-56k) - XDTalk Forums - Your HS2000/SA-XD Information Source!

modifications

Check out BowieTacticalConcepts.com I have a Glock being customized as we speak. Takes a little while 3-4 months. But, I think I it will be worth it.

Chris Hager
    Concealed Carry Instructor
    Richmond, KY

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    Scott at Springer is highly reccomended on the XD forum.

If you want another option try Canyon Creek Custom - Firearms for the Sportsman Rich is also highly reccomended.

They both do the same things to the XD's and I have heard good things about both.

Make it your own if you plan on keeping it. If you ever want to sell it, the buyer may not want to pay extra for any modifications on a polymer gun, professionally done or not. Most people think custom jobs can only be done on 1911s and Hi-Powers. Don't hammer me, this is only IMHO!

I've been a member over there for 3 or 4 years and there has never been a problem with anything Scott or Rich has done, that I have read about. I check the boards daily and their work is always great. I would send it to either Scott or Rich, period.

I have a Canyon Creek Production Ready XD45 Tac that I bought new from Rich. I would go with Scott if I were you, though you will likely end up with a gun that you love, either way. I am probably biased, though, as I already have a sick XD45 from Rich and now would like to try Scott.

As said before, I will never get my money out of it. But I think it is all it can be and it is sweet.

Mandatory pic:

My XD-40 subcompact is currently with Scott
    I"ll let you know how freaking awesome it is when I get it back :) haha. I've only heard great things. Their customer service rocks, they even called me after I shipped it to them to verify exactly what I wanted done. Can't beat that. He even answered every single email I sent him before I decided to ship it to him, no matter how stupid my questions were

I figured I wouldnt get any of my money back on the custom stuff. Its kinda like a custom paint job on a car. it may be what you want but if you ever intend to sell it it may not be the the potential buyers want. I have my XD for sale in the "for sale" section. But I got to looking at all the stuff one can do and I think I may reconsider. I have seen some sweet pistolas with custom work done to em. I like how william wallace left his back strap stock and did the rest. Sweetness!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle007 View Post
    I like how william wallace left his back strap stock and did the rest. Sweetness!

On my carry piece, too...

Plain old skateboard tape, cut at home in the living room. They have both had the tape for at least 2 years now and it hasn't come off... I'm no operator or anything, but they do get a fair amount of handling. The 40 is handled daily.

so, your grip texture is skateboard tape? If im fallowin you...that looks good! I have heard of guys useing it on their 1911's. Just a small piece on the front strap.
    Does anyone know if the XD V-10 slide will fit the XD N/A V-10? I think that slide is pretty sweet. But money permitting it may not seem so sweet after I find out how much it costs.
    There is no honor among theives.

A tongue weighs virtually nothing, but few can hold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle007 View Post
    so, your grip texture is skateboard tape? If im fallowin you...that looks good! I have heard of guys useing it on their 1911's. Just a small piece on the front strap.
    Like on my Kimber?

Yeah, plain old skateboard tape from the skate shop. Like $5 for a sheet that would do 15 guns. Peels off with no residue and doesn't come off unless you want it to.

interesting...I like it! now that my Texas CCW is not valid in Delaware I have to fork over the $117 for a florida non resident permit. So the mods are going to wait. But looking at the eye candy is free.

Here are some pics of the stuff I have done to my pistol (me) I did a grip chop and heat stippled grip, along with a grip rediction to fit my hand better. Not to mention the polishing job, the barrel and rod also. I think I am going to polish the controlls next.
    Attached Images

Okay, I don't mean to hijack a thread here but I have a n00b question..

- What is a 'trigger job'?

I read about trigger jobs but rarely ever hear about what it means..

Thanks
    Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.
    - David T. Wolf

to the best of my knowledge, you can send your gun off to a gun smith and they can alter your trigger. As far as the tension and the explosion/pre explosion trigger position. They can change the amount of travel of the trigger after the shot has been fired and the amount of trigger pull it takes to enguage the firing pin. This is very basic Lamins terms. I am sure there are some others on the forum that can explain in more detail if you dont get the gist.

Kyle

Sponsored Links