Defensive Carry banner

Durham, NC seeks to limit ammo sales

3K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  pirate 
#1 ·
Looks like the City of Durham is at it again; just poseted February 24, 2009 - 9:15 AM:

Durham seeks to limit ammo sales | durham, raising, increase - Top News - Burlington Times News

Durham's resolution on ammunition sales is a simplified version of the ``Bullet Ownership Bill'' promoted by Durham minister Melvin Whitley. It would modify existing state laws to allow handgun-ammunition sales only to those holding a pistol purchase or concealed weapons permit.

Durham Police Chief Jose Lopez spoke in support of the restriction.

``I would support anything that any way is going to curtail our youth having access to firearms and having access to bullets,'' Lopez said. Amending the law also would ``help identify those who are out there buying them in some bulk,'' the police chief said.

#2 ·
You know, I never think of Durham when I think of "thought leadership". The reprobates of Durham continue to run loose and the good Rev Whitley thinks serializing bullets might be the answer. This is very scary in my opinion. Weasel works to the 2nd. But oh boy....a new distribution channel for black market.

#16 ·
Seeing as there's already a minimum age of 21 to purchase handgun ammunition, how precisely does Chief Lopez see this as limiting youth access? Or does he mean to say that he would consider me and others in my age group to be unqualified to purchase said ammunition?

Something tells me he does. . .

#17 ·
Its amazing. They pass laws that make it harder to buy ammo locally forcing alot of us to buy from distant suppliers. I can only afford to do this buy buying in bulk. Its no like the old days when I grew up where the corner store carried ammo. New laws have forced them to quit selling ammo. We are only doing what they forced us to do.

Michael

#20 ·
Who in the hell would sell ammo to a kid or teenager. Here, if you are not over 18 you aren't buying ammo.

#21 ·
As we know here in NC, Durham and Chapel Hill NC are the two most liberal and worst lead cities in NC, kind of the Berkley or San Fransico of NC ....far from the average thinking in our realtively conservative and generally gun friendly state.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.