Conversation with a member of Congress

This is a discussion on Conversation with a member of Congress within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You know who name was mentioned a lot on Rush today? Ron Paul. Interesting......

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Conversation with a member of Congress

Administrator
    You know who name was mentioned a lot on Rush today? Ron Paul. Interesting...
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

I've got a lot in common with Libertarians... I also thought Ron Paul made pretty good sense on a lot of issues.

But I believe the machines that drive both the Dems & the Republicans as well as the media machine won't allow a 3rd party candidate to gain any sort of real traction in today's climate.

Unless Ron Paul had a huge decisive lead going into the primaries, there was no chance for a 3rd party candidate to win.

I wouldn't mind seeing Libertarian party gaining a strong foothold someday and being on par with the other two. We need more than two parties. Especially if Democrats and Republicans are gonna remain how they are now.

Somethings gotta give, or we're in for a deeper mess next time around.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

My wife comes from a three party country.

To hear her explain it, the idea of a "balance of power" spread among three parties makes a lot of sense. Maybe it would "help to keep the buggers honest."

I'm very conservative, and want nothing from my government, but the opportunity to better my life. I do not want the government to tell me how to do that, nor inhibit my natural drive and ability to solve my problems.

In short, leave me alone.

Biker

Is your friend a Republican?
    Not that it matters, but yes. However, first and foremost he is a Conservative and a Constitutionalist. He is a first termer as well. There is scant difference between his public and private personae. I guess what it boils down to is that he trusts me with his kids, I trust him with my vote. And if the situations were reversed, I'd say the same.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I'm very conservative, and want nothing from my government, but the opportunity to better my life. I do not want the government to tell me how to do that, nor inhibit my natural drive and ability to solve my problems.

In short, leave me alone.
    Well said. Uphold and defend the Constitution, and defend the country from enemies foreign and domestic. Problem is, the "domestic" is often overlooked. I'm convinced that a lot of the pols in Washington (as well as at the state levels) meet the test for domestic enemy. And hell yes, leave me alone.
    "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links