Whats wrong with this gun?? something looks off to me... - Page 2

Whats wrong with this gun?? something looks off to me...

This is a discussion on Whats wrong with this gun?? something looks off to me... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I hope to get this deal done soon, I like ak's...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats wrong with this gun?? something looks off to me...

I hope to get this deal done soon, I like ak's
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

the sorry sun of a gun is backing out on me now. heres his last message to me.

Dan,I dont know if you got the whole long text i just sent, but the orange you saw is the original factory grease, there is no rust on this, its never been fired and its stored in a humidity controlled gun safe. I feel its best that you find another AK locally that you can inspect in person. I have no hard feelings, and I understand your only trying to be safe and dont want to be burned, thats understandable, but I'm jumping through hoops here, I have a once again Never Fired AK. I have decided not to sell it to you, I'd rather sell locally. Thanks for your interest, good luck, in Texas you should have no problem finding another AK.
    first off, why tell me all that in the beginning just to finish with, "Ive decided not to sell to you"

second - "jumping through hoops" !! what? if I ask for a few more pics and ask him if any rust is on the gun is too much to ask then why would you even bother to post guns for sale on forums? he has 3 other guns for sale on that forum as well.

third - NO I cannot find another decent SAR-1 or Las Vegas Arsenal AK47 for a decent price in TX, all the prices are stupid high and I refuse to pay them. 600 was too high in my opinion but I was willing to pay it because Im impatient and want a good gun now.

I am ticked off and have HARD FEELINGS !!!!!!!!!!!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

Maybe the guy got uncomfortable having to discuss the rifles condition? Something to hide maybe?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Maybe the guy got uncomfortable having to discuss the rifles condition? Something to hide maybe?

Michael
    thats my thought

NRA member/TSRA member

If I can add my $.02...

It's not unusual for someone that is new to selling high value items such as jewelry, guns and cars (for example), to be uncomfortable with an unfamiliar process and new experience. Add to that several concerns voiced by the other party (no matter how legitimate) and the experience can become uncomfortable enough for them to give up or look for a smoother transaction elsewhere.

I'm not trying to take sides, but point out my experience, as someone who frequently barters, exchanges and sells (and has done so for a living for many years).
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    If you want an AK47 GO HERE!

Classic Arms Inc.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links