Academy sports by border quit selling AR15

This is a discussion on Academy sports by border quit selling AR15 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I had a guy that told me he was looking for an AR15 and I told him to watch Academy Sports because they get Bushmasters ...

I had a guy that told me he was looking for an AR15 and I told him to watch Academy Sports because they get Bushmasters and S&W MP15's in every now and then.He told me he asked at an Academy Sports in McAllen Tx. about 10 miles from Mexico and due to the fact they had a large number of their AR15's ending up in Mexico they locked the rest in the back room and quit selling them.I'm not sure if all the stores by the border are doing this but whenever I happen to be in one I'm gonna ask what's up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I was under the impression that the crime bosses in Mexico prefered fully automatic firearms that they steal or bribe from criminal elements in their goverment.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Nope they love AR15's and semi auto handguns.They raided a guy they had been watching for awhile and netted a buncha AR15's and Glocks that he was getting ready to ship across the border,they busted a guy not too long ago that had a secret compartment in his vehicle that he would stash several fully loaded hi cap magazines in for different guns and sell for a premium in Mexico
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

VIP Member
    What, the ever efficient Mexican border inspectors let those things through? Noooooooo. Tell me it ain't so. I thought it was illegal to bring a gun into Mexico. It even says so on a sign on the highway near the border. What will the BGs think of next?

Don't know if it is related or not, but I was at the Academy in Katy about two hours ago and no AR's in sight. I know a couple of months ago they had a big story about how folks were running guns from the Houston area to Mexico.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Down here lately they have been showing all the guns they are finding when they raid houses in mexico and Texas associated with the drug cartels,and they are getting lots of AR 15's and AK47 clones.I'm not sure but I don't think the normal street cop in Mexico can possess more than a handgun

Links