Anything up with Taurus right now?

This is a discussion on Anything up with Taurus right now? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought a Judge over a month ago. Got 5 rounds through it and the cylinder jammed up. Took it back to the dealer who ...

Thread: Anything up with Taurus right now?

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar

I bought a Judge over a month ago. Got 5 rounds through it and the cylinder jammed up. Took it back to the dealer who sent it back to Taurus. Been there over a month and no word. I was at the dealer when he tried to call and heard him leave a message but they aren't returning calls.

Insult to injury, I get a call this week from another dealer where I left a card and asked them to call if a Judge came in. I've heard good things about their service but I'm starting to get pretty dissappointed.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Senior Moderator
    Actually that is pretty typical of their service from what I heard.

One day your Judge will come back fixed but while it is at Taurus it is in a black hole
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

VIP Member
    I sent a PT-1911 back to Taurus for service, took nine weeks to replace the safety that came apart.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerinWstuff View Post
    I've heard good things about their service...
    That's a first. Never had any problems with the few I have owned but never heard anyone give them a lot of good reviews for their customer service. In fact, quite the opposite.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    My dilema is that the dealer has offered me an exchange. It's really not an issue for him because he knows he won't have any trouble reselling it when it finally comes in. I'm just having a hard time deciding what I'd get in it's place. Either a CC size S&W, Charter Arms, or the Ruger SP101. He only has the smooth hammer version of the SP101 right now. I'm just bummed I didn't get to fire more rounds thru the Judge to see if I really liked it or not.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Links