Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks! - Page 2

Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks!

This is a discussion on Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by NaturalSelection i agree. this is one of the biggest reasons i purposefully avoided glock for so many years. i dont buy into ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks!

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalSelection

i agree. this is one of the biggest reasons i purposefully avoided glock for so many years. i dont buy into hype and dismissed everything i had heard as such.
    Thats exactly what i was saying and what i did .. i own 3 of them now and have had 4

Well there were some pics

Now there not working so i deleted the links
    Last edited by Bud White; February 12th, 2006 at 09:23 AM.

Senior Moderator
    It's reasonable to think that there is frame flex in a Glock frame -it's the amount of flex I question. If there was very much fram flex, how would the slide, which doesn't flex, slide on the flexing frame rails?

For me, it's unreasonable that there is enough frame flex to reduce felt recoil - I mean how much flex would it take before we would notice it?

Glock's reliability: yep they are, there is no question about it. But they do fail and they fail for the same reasons other semis fail. I believe Glocks are a tough, rugged gun. The Glock reps are known for burying a Glock in the sand, or what ever the earth is, at a shooting school and then inviting every class member to shoot it. They work.

Chuck Taylor has a Glock 17 with IIRC, over 200,000 rounds through it and has been "tortured" every way he could think of including leaving it in the ocean for 6 months with minimal damage. And it still shoots.

Perspective: Glock is not the only tough gun. A tv show did a torture test on 3 sigs including a drop to asphalt from 175 feet from a helicoper, driving them into the ground with some kind of jack hammer, dragging on a cable behind a truck for I forget how far, running over them with some kind of heavy equipment, and cleaning them by running them through a car wash. Then they shot them - they didn't miss a lick.

I have owned as many as 10 Glocks and I have seen them work and fail. But all in all - they work.

I have also owned as many as 10 Sigs and have seen far less problems than I have seen with Glocks. But that's just my experience. A buddy of mine took my ole 226 police trade-in to Blackwater when we went and ran 2500 rounds of Walmart WWB through it in all kinds shooting drills. He didn't hava a single failure. But then neither did I in my G-21, nor his brother with his XD.

Sorry i don't hold Chuck Taylor as being objective anymore .. on glock payroll yes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links