Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks!

This is a discussion on Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I thought this was interesting as well as a great business move on Glocks part. Ti...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well what do ya know! 2006 Glocks!

Well what do ya know! 2006 for Glocks!

I thought this was interesting as well as a great business move on Glocks part.

Ti
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ti Carry; February 10th, 2006 at 08:09 AM.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Well I guess I was wrong, and Glock isn't the one making them. They're after market!

USG.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

yep lone wolf is going to put them out a alloy frame ...

But one thing if ya change the frame is it really still a glock? i mean your doing away with one of the things that makes it a glock ..

The interchangeable backstraps look pretty cool if ya had the big 10 or a 45 you could get it to fit your hand for sure now

I bet the 1911 grip angle would help a lot too...

Senior Moderator
    While Glock continues to sit on it's ..... and not offer any new products.

But you know what, I have doubts as to how successful this new frame is going to be. I'm with Bud - if you change the frame it ain't a Glock no more - oh no - it's a hybrid! That's bad isn't it?

Assistant Administrator
    Part of me likes the idea but - I'd be looking to inspect closely and shoot a converted gun a lot, before thinking of buying.

What am I saying - I haven't even got a Glock yet!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Part of me likes the idea but - I'd be looking to inspect closely and shoot a converted gun a lot, before thinking of buying.

What am I saying - I haven't even got a Glock yet!
    Boy, now there was a slip! Ya done and gone and revealed them inner thoughts. Can you catch an infection over the internet?

Administrator

OK ~ That Is Neat!

In Titanium ~ Minus The Finger Grooves ~ & with a 1911 Grip Angle.

I'm SOLD.

Since they are making it out of metal & not polymer ~ too bad they could not thin out the overly thick looking trigger guard a bit but, that would result in too many holster fitting problems...I guess.

i dont much care for the glock grip angle so i like the concept....a lot. that said, i initially bought my glock primarily for the legendary glock reliability. i just dont wanna tinker with what works every time.

Administrator
    WELL, I do remember reading that the FLEX of the polymer GLOCK frame that takes place during shooting was intentional & part of the Glock operating system.

I have absolutely No Idea if that is Total BS or not.

Sounds like BS to me but, I sure could be wrong about that.

I ALSO read (at one point in time) that the flex of the plastic recoil spring guide rod was intentional to 100% reliable GLOCK operation & that sure turned out to be BS because plenty of GLOCK firearms are still 100% reliable with a stiff aftermarket metal guide rod or a LaserMax installed.

Just thought I would add that information to help spur on the debate.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

The Flex of the frame is supposed to help cut down on Recoil .. True or not im not sure

Administrator

Cool Addition:

I hate to mention this but, the die hard Glock~A~Holics will pretty much say & present anything as "known fact" that continues the myth that Glocks are The Perfect Ultimate 100% reliable firearm "right out of the box" & NOTHING should ever be changed or altered.
    God Forbid...nothing should ever be done that changes an original design of Lord Gaston Glock.
    It makes it difficult sometimes to sort Glock Fact From Glock Fiction.

Thats very true and that is some of what turns people off to glocks right away

have you noticed how many manufactures have started making 1911 models. sooner or later Glock will make one also, then I can own a glock.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    the myth that Glocks are The Perfect Ultimate 100% reliable firearm "right out of the box"
    myth whaddya mean myth?

God Forbid...nothing should ever be done that changes an original design of Lord Gaston Glock.
    gaston glock didnt design the glock. he hired the finest weapon engineers in the world to design the glock. he may have worked with them and added input, but he cant lay claim to the design in the same way that john browning can lay claim to the 1911.

It makes it difficult sometimes to sort Glock Fact From Glock Fiction.
    id be glad to simplify it in one simple statement. a glock will fire every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    Thats very true and that is some of what turns people off to glocks right away
    i agree. this is one of the biggest reasons i purposefully avoided glock for so many years. i dont buy into hype and dismissed everything i had heard as such. i now know that glocks reputation was well earned.

try one (not limited to you bud, i mean collectively), you might be surprised.....i sure was. i dont like the grip angle, and i definately prefer a crisp 1911 trigger pull, but i love knowing i can totally depend on a weapon. in my entire life ive owned very few automatics that didnt suffer some form of break-in failure. be it failure to feed, fire, eject, or lock the slide back most all have had at least a slight hiccup during the first couple hundred rounds......not my two glocks. well over 1000 rounds in each without cleaning, not even a hint of a hiccup. my hk usp has also performed flawlessly. my 1911s have all been flawless after a couple hundred rounds. my TRP doesnt always lock the slide back, but im told that a medium grade weapon is "tighter" and requires a little more breakin. these issues are minor, but the glocks dont have them. if this ever changes ill post an update, but i dont expect it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links