Two "assault weapons"...

This is a discussion on Two "assault weapons"... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Okay, if I had the spare cash I would get two good ARs, spare parts for them, magazines out the wazoo and a pallet of ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Two "assault weapons"...

Okay, if I had the spare cash I would get two good ARs, spare parts for them, magazines out the wazoo and a pallet of good quality ammunition. If I really believe that whole classes of things are going to disappear, I do not want two different things, I want two samples of a very good thing and spare parts. Actually, that is what I want regardless of what I think about the future. I do not want to spread me resources to thinly among options. I want a few good options with a lot of supplies.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Hell, we've been doing that since mid September.

And stay away from my Kel Tec Sub 2k over at G&G
    I'm behind the curve. Undoubtedly. That'll probably make it harder to get what i want, too.

I'm more interested in that AR in .410 than the Kel-Tec... I was thinking about stopping in to see if it was there yet.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Whatever you get, I vote to get two of the same thing.

I've already got AR's and I'm stockpiling parts.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I got 16 AR15 lowers I'm waiting to get on a group buy that ordered 4000 and 5 rifle kits enroute that are another 4 to 8 weeks out.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Good lord dukalmighty. You have your own private oil well or something?

BlackPR - Pending on how I am feeling in the morning (recovering from surgery today) I was thinking of swinging by there myself around 11. Mayhap he got his inventory built back up.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Subject : Eric Holder NRA advertisement......

"Buy-em now folks, before I try to ban them ".

Pick one, they're all good. Get what's available, that you like, for the best price you can get.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    The M1 Garand with a large supply of ammo and an AK-47 with a large supply of ammo and mags.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    AR and AK
    +1

A little heavier round and more accurate at distance than the AK's 7.62 x 39 in my opinion is the .308 (7.62 x 51mm).

So as an alternative to the AK or perhaps in addition to the AR & AK, I would like a Springfield SOCOM 16 or the Scout Squad.

I do have an FN FAL which is no slouch so if I don't get an opportunity to get a Springfield M1A platform I guess I'll still be doing ok.

Just my wish list.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

One AK.
    A full set of parts for it.
    A ton of ammo.
    bosco

Quote Originally Posted by Klaatu View Post
    Okay, if I had the spare cash I would get two good ARs, spare parts for them, magazines out the wazoo and a pallet of good quality ammunition. If I really believe that whole classes of things are going to disappear, I do not want two different things, I want two samples of a very good thing and spare parts. Actually, that is what I want regardless of what I think about the future. I do not want to spread me resources to thinly among options. I want a few good options with a lot of supplies.
    Take that in. Pound it in, until you realize it to be Gospel truth. "Want" is giving yourself a feel-good rub with silk gloves. Take care what you need. I would second the AK.

If you really don't have the funds for 1 EBR, 2 dozen mags, a basic parts set, and 2K ammo, don't. Get mags, ammo and parts for something you already have. A determined man with a scoped bolt, and training is "unpleasant".

If you have a .308 bolt or non-EBR semi, get a PTR- they are the best-buy, in the .308 battle rifle. M-14 copies are nice, but are the 1911s of the long-gun world.

My political statement rifle ( aka Charles Schumer Special) was an AR carbine from Bushmaster. It has the telescoping stock, the 11.5 inch barrel with the long flash hider (permanently attached) with the bayonet lug.
    An AK would be a good protest as that is what they most frequently mention.

As for me, I would go with an AR-10 and/or Dragunov and/or HK PSG-1.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Good advice here, per usual. I have been looking at two that have stuck out in my mind... Some flavor of AR-10A2 (Armalite?) in .308 and the gimmicky gun, the ATI-T14 -- which is an AR in .410, purely for the kicks and giggles.

My problem is that I like to do LOTS of research before I spend lots of money, and I have never really been big into this class of firearm, so it's relatively new to me. I don't know, as I do with a 1911 for example, what precisely I should be looking for or should avoid.

I like .308 and generally want to stick with that in order standardize on one caliber, since I'm also shopping for a Rem 700 in .308.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

HK 416 - I know it is durable because my brother helped develop and test it.
    HK G36 - Love this gun, used it while I was in the military.

If you are going to go for a Rem 700, go mil spec.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I do what I need just fine and I do not want an AK. I have been there, thank you, I am a determined, trained and very unpleasant man when I need to be. My wants do not come from reading forums and magazines, they come from my personal experience. I shared my opinion, without attitude. I understand YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob72 View Post
    Take that in. Pound it in, until you realize it to be Gospel truth. "Want" is giving yourself a feel-good rub with silk gloves. Take care what you need. I would second the AK.

If you really don't have the funds for 1 EBR, 2 dozen mags, a basic parts set, and 2K ammo, don't. Get mags, ammo and parts for something you already have. A determined man with a scoped bolt, and training is "unpleasant".

If you have a .308 bolt or non-EBR semi, get a PTR- they are the best-buy, in the .308 battle rifle. M-14 copies are nice, but are the 1911s of the long-gun world.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links