Good gun shop in Washington State (King County Area)?

Good gun shop in Washington State (King County Area)?

This is a discussion on Good gun shop in Washington State (King County Area)? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey everyone for the Washington residents does anyone have any recommendation on a good gun shop that has great pricing, customer service etc? Also where ...

Thread: Good gun shop in Washington State (King County Area)?

Question Good gun shop in Washington State (King County Area)?

Hey everyone for the Washington residents does anyone have any recommendation on a good gun shop that has great pricing, customer service etc? Also where is the cheapest place to buy ammo around here?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IssaquahWA19 View Post
    Hey everyone for the Washington residents does anyone have any recommendation on a good gun shop that has great pricing
    Buds in Seattle

, customer service
    Wades in Bellevue

etc?
    If you want a small amount of both, check out a teensy tiny shop in Woodinville, AMS guns. IMO good prices and good service are mutually exclusive, and getting both requires a serious compromise somewhere.

Also where is the cheapest place to buy ammo around here?
    Online. The gunshops I frequent have been straight forward in saying that they carry ammo as a service, rather than a profit center. I take that to mean they won't miss that part of my business.

Thanks
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

I have been buying stuff around south King Co. for the last 12 years. Most places are just about equal in my not so humble opinion. Here is my list, in no particular order:

West Coast Armory: In Issaquah, on Gilman Blvd, right in your immediate neighborhood. Great customer service, decent prices, somewhat limited selection (small store).

Wade's Eastside Guns: Bellevue. Incredible selection of handguns, rifles, shotguns, and especially accessories. Prices tend to be slightly higher than normal. Customer service is hit or miss, some of the guys are really cool, others could teach a-hole 101.

Ben's Loans: Renton. Small retail section, generally great prices, good customer service.

Bear Arms: Kent. My personal favorite. Decent retail selection, decent prices, great customer service.

Champion Arms: Kent. Good selection, good customer service, prices generally slightly higher than the norm.

I have purchased firearms from Wades, Bens, and Bear Arms and accessories and consumables from all of them.

-Paul
    Last edited by PaulBk; March 1st, 2009 at 05:37 PM.
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

ha had no idea there was one here in Issaquah I think Wades is the one that has the range I am going to go shooting at.... Thanks for all the info guys

Wades and Champion both have indoor ranges in addition to the retail shop.

Of the two, Wade's is nicer and much more expensive. Both allow somewhat realistic square range training (draw from concealment, shot timers, rapid fire, reload drills, etc.) if you become a member and pass a qualification test.

At Wades, members have their own range while at Champion we get mixed in with the general public. Weekends at Champion are really busy. Tons of novice shooters using rental equipment. Even with 2-3 ROs on duty (for 10 lanes), it still gets a little scary sometimes.

Black Diamond and Renton both have very active IDPA clubs if you want to compete, but they are outdoor ranges.

-Paul
    Hero's aren't born, they're cornered - According to Jim

Discount Gun Sales has fair prices. They are located around the Seattle/Everett area.
    They have a range off the Bothell/Everett Hwy.
    Pawn Fathers also retails Taurus and Glock, and their prices are pretty good.

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    northwestfirearms.com tries to keep a running inventory of local ranges and gun shops in Washington and Oregon. Might be worth looking at.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

VIP Member
    Kesselrings in Burlington.

Kesselring Gun Shop Home Page
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

so I just wanted to follow up that I ended up buying a used (week old) SP-101 with CT laser grip from West Coast Armory here in Issaquah and wanted to say that the service was excellent! Very friendly people very willing to take the time to answer questions, prices are reasonable and everything went as it should have....

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    The only shop near Seattle I dealt with was Survival Arms, their prices were inline with what I had seen elsewhere and were very helpful in letting me borrow a gun to help choose a holster.

Links