I felt naked

This is a discussion on I felt naked within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Tonight we went to Westland Mall in Columbus. I really should not call it a mall since over 60% of their spaces are empty, but ...

Thread: I felt naked

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar

I felt naked

Tonight we went to Westland Mall in Columbus. I really should not call it a mall since over 60% of their spaces are empty, but anways. They were having a factory direct liquidation sale, or thats what they call it, more like a flea market. My dad wanted to go because he is in the market for a laptop and they were advertising them for $99, and since he knows nothing about computers, he asked me to come along and look. Driving through the parking lot, I seen the doors, and what was posted, a gunbuster sign. I had to disarm, in the ghetto and go through this hole of a mall, on top of that, I had to do it w/o my father seeing, since he has no idea I carry. I hated leaving my gun in the van, and felt naked, and really felt freaked seeing some of the people walking around the place. If it were not a crime, I would have carried and "not seen" the signs. They need to those signs and let us carry anywhere it is legal.

Just had to rant.
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

2. Remove Ads

I know the area you speak of. I don't go into that mall except for a gun show.

Speaking of which, there are two this weekend.

I heard the advertisement for it on the 92.3 today, but wont be attending. I vow never to return to that mall. I find it odd, they have gunshows there, and the gunbuster signs all over.

It does not help we were there after dark, it felt like the zombies were invading.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

I think it's sad when they post those signs, everyone knows only the law abiding will disarm-criminals could care less. IMO criminals like to see that sign-plenty of prey.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    I heard the advertisement for it on the 92.3 today, but wont be attending. I vow never to return to that mall. I find it odd, they have gunshows there, and the gunbuster signs all over.

It does not help we were there after dark, it felt like the zombies were invading.
    The gun show at Vets today is the same group who does Westland. It was a good show. I guess I dont mind and understand disarming for the gun show, but any other time I dont go for.

Quote Originally Posted by scottc View Post
    I think it's sad when they post those signs, everyone knows only the law abiding will disarm-criminals could care less. IMO criminals like to see that sign-plenty of prey.
    Ill never understand how any one can come to any kind of logical conclusion of "oh yeah, these signs are a great idea!"

well I dunno about there, but in FL, those signs don't mean ****... lol

if they catch you with it, all they can do is ask you to leave, but thats it.

may seem worth while but are all the main doors marked. i've seen and also
    heard of one entrance door having pistol free zone and a main door in a
    diffrent location not having a posted sign. that works for me as there was no
    posted sign at the entrance i went into.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Here it is criminal trespass if you violate the sign in a building. In a parking lot, it is civil and all they can do is sue you.

If I were not a law abiding citizen, I could have carried and used the defense that the I walked in behind someone that had opened the door and therefore did not see the sign, but again, I am trying to obey all laws.
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Smile KY too

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    well I dunno about there, but in FL, those signs don't mean ****... lol

if they catch you with it, all they can do is ask you to leave, but thats it.
    The laws mean somethin' here, but it's basically the same process. If they catch you, you're asked to leave. If you leave...nothin' happens. If you don't leave, the nice policeman comes to take you away.

Quote Originally Posted by justherenow View Post
    Here it is criminal trespass if you violate the sign in a building. In a parking lot, it is civil and all they can do is sue you.

If I were not a law abiding citizen, I could have carried and used the defense that the I walked in behind someone that had opened the door and therefore did not see the sign, but again, I am trying to obey all laws.
    That sucks buddy! Over here they will just ask you to leave. thing is, you are carrying concealed, so nobody should know you are carrying.....

Quote Originally Posted by 50calshooter View Post
    The laws mean somethin' here, but it's basically the same process. If they catch you, you're asked to leave. If you leave...nothin' happens. If you don't leave, the nice policeman comes to take you away.
    well, they shouldn't ask you to leave since you are carrying concealed :)

if they saw it, and you don't have OC in that state, you broke the law anyways :)

Links