Delaware resident +NJ+MD=?

This is a discussion on Delaware resident +NJ+MD=? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know that NJ and MD have some screwed up CC laws. I live in Wilmington Delaware and travel through PA, NJ and MD almost ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delaware resident +NJ+MD=?

Delaware resident +NJ+MD=?

I know that NJ and MD have some screwed up CC laws. I live in Wilmington Delaware and travel through PA, NJ and MD almost daily. I have applied for my florida non resident license which will allow me to carry in DE and PA. As far as I know MD only allows one to carry to and from a range, housing and similar instances. Since I am only going into the state to conduct business and come back do I need to dissarm myself put my pistol in the trunk stored away from my ammo in 2 seperate locked casses? Is this enough for LEO to see that I am legitmatly trying to abey the law even if I'm not in transit to the range ect... ect... I cannot drive home and leave my gun everytime I go to these states, that would be ludacris. What are my option here?
    There is no honor among theives.

A tongue weighs virtually nothing, but few can hold it.

2. Remove Ads

Maryland is going to be a big problem for you. You can take your unloaded etc. weapon as long as you are legal to posess the weapon at the location you are going to. Also it has to be a direct trip. That means no stopping for lunch. That also means no visiting multiple clients. I imagine NJ is going to be similar, but even worse. If you should ever legally have reason to have your weapon in NJ make sure to check your ammo before you go. Hollow points are prohibited!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I think I am going to apply for the Utah NON Res license, That will give me Delaware and its only $59. Plus looks like they are processing applications pretty fast compared to some states. Then I can apply for the Pennsylvania NON Res license which is $26 I think. The Florida license would cover both but costs $117. I currently have a Taxas Res CCW. I am wondering if there is a way I can just send them a copy of my license and they can send me a NON Res. But of course that would be to easy! All these options and still no NJ and MD!?!?

VIP Member
    You are going to apply for UT Non-Res to get DE. You live in DE right ?. Just get a DE Res ?.

De. wants me to publish my CCW in a local papar that is read by atleast 35% of the public in my community. And I have to write a letter explaining why I want a CCW AND... I will have to take another weapons training class. Then I would have to pay PA. $26 license fee to be able to carry in their state. I would rather just do it all online, send in the documents and bada boom bada bing. But the real reason I started the thread is to find out how I can travel from state to state legally even when the traveling I am doing has nothing to do with a gun smith, a range, a gun shop ect... Dumb laws!

Senior Member Array justherenow's Avatar
    If applying for the PA permit, send it to the Centre County Sheriff. I hear he usually has a 1 week turn around and requires a copy of your current CCW license from your state
    --------------------------
    Gen 4 Glock 32 .357sig and SW M&P 15/22
    Ohio CHL since 1/29/2009
    PA Non-Res 10/12/2010

Those who trade liberty for security have neither. ~John Adams

A Florida NON-resident may not give you the rights to carry in DE. Being a resident, you may need a DE permit.

VIP Member
    A Florida NON-resident may not give you the rights to carry in DE. Being a resident, you may need a DE permit.

I wondered about this as well. If You get pulled over by a LEO in DE he will ask You for Your Drivers License and if You got to produce Your Permit for any reason. Then the fun will begin.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    This is true of most states that issue. If you can get one in your state they won't honor an out of state non-resident.

Florida carries this one step further, it appears they don't honor ANY non-resident permit (except their own)...... Probably because theirs provides so much revenue.

But check the laws of the state you intend to carry in!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

I dont really like the Delaware permit course of action if you will. I may just have to bite the bullet and do it. Damn! No hollow points in NJ?!?! Sigh... I mind as well just carry a baseball bat in my car to defend myself. Cant wait to move back to Texas!

If a Florida non resident license may not let me carry in DE, even though it is recognized here, what would be the point of states having a NON resident license program? You will have to excuse my ignorance on the subject. But thank you for your insight.

VIP Member
    NJ?!?! Sigh... I mind as well just carry a baseball bat in my car to defend myself.

They might arrest You for that in NJ Be careful. When I drive thru NJ I watch for the Bears, I'll run 5 over. They love to give a hard time. Don't give Them a reason to get started.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle007 View Post
    I dont really like the Delaware permit course of action if you will. I may just have to bite the bullet and do it. Damn! No hollow points in NJ?!?! Sigh... I mind as well just carry a baseball bat in my car to defend myself. Cant wait to move back to Texas!
    Hallow points are legal in NJ for legal purposes. Target shooting is fine. If you are forced to use a weapon and the shooting is found justifiable then using hallow points is fine. If the shooting is not justifiable, then you have to deal with the shooting plus using a hallow point.

Since you are not a NJ resident, don't consider bringing a gun into NJ unless you can prove you are driving through (don't stop) or going to a NJ range. The weapon needs to be unloaded, locked in the trunk. If you get caught transporting in any other fashion expect to spend the next 7 years in one of our lovely vacation resorts.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmilchman View Post
    That is the way I understand the law here in DE.

I dont really like the Delaware permit course of action if you will.
    DE is very demanding no doubt, but if you meet the qualifications you will get your CCW

Cant wait to move back to Texas!
    DE is not so bad, there is a lot to offer in this area, also once you have your permit the rules are very limited. According to Gunny Hartman there are only two things.......

If a Florida non resident license may not let me carry in DE, even though it is recognized here, what would be the point of states having a NON resident license program? You will have to excuse my ignorance on the subject. But thank you for your insight.
    The non resident allows people to visit FL and carry legally.

Good luck with DE
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Yea, I can think of somewhere else I would like to spend 7 years in a vacation resort, although I'm sure they have amazing views!
    DE requires me to have 5 refrences that say that I am not a "threat" and I need the weapon for self defense... I dont even know 5 people here. It just seems like a little over kill to me. Sorry I have to lash out at the technicalities when it comes to hand gun laws in these Eastern states.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links