Defensive Carry banner

Next gun should be?

What should be my next gun?

3K views 30 replies 17 participants last post by  RETSUPT99 
#1 ·
Currently, I have these weapons..

Sig 226 Equinox .40 S&W (safe queen)
H&K P2000sk .40 S&W (carry gun now)
Remington 870 SpecOps 12g (Home defense gun)
New England Firearms .410 (first gun)

These are the guns I am interested in. I am 24 years old and just bought a new house in September, but I want one or two more toys :redface:

1. Saiga 12- great AK based 12g shotgun. Pricing is still pretty cheap, around $500 before shipping. Available in 20 round drums and 10 round magazines. Ultimate SHTF gun IMO. May be banned by Obama?

2. Ruger LCP- I love my H&K, but it is just a bit to big to carry how I am comfortable. I am not 100% comfortable with IWB and would prefer something that I can pocket carry in hot weather. This is also one my fiancecould shoot easier and would make her feel safer since I would carry it 24/7. I currently only carry my P2000sk about once a week.

3. Sig P220 in .22- Found a site thatis running a great special on these. Only $399 brand new. This would be nice since where I work is opening a gun range on campus. Sounds like a good fun cheap way to spend my lunch break and .22 is the right price. Also for $399 Sig will send you a complete .45 upper so you have two Sig's for $800:image035:

4. Sig P238- Sig's new pocket carry gun? Isn't out yet. Reliability and trigger should be awesome as most Sig's are. I am a big time Sig fan and follower. Cons are SAO. Larger then LCP and more expensive.

5. Buy a new bedroom set and dinner table which could be replaced, but our current is decent.

See less See more
#2 ·
Of those listed I would get the sagia.

But I see that you don't have a rifle, I would pick up a .22LR rifle. It is a required survival gun.

#6 · (Edited)
Another vote for a .22 rifle.

If your dead set against getting a good .22 rifle then a good .22 pistol, and if you want a SIG then I guess that will do.

Another reason for the .22.

#7 ·
I agree. .22's are fun and very cheap. BUT, the thing that has prevented me from buying them in the past is the fact that IMO besides killing small animals, which I am no hunter, they are kinda small. Yes I know they will kill someone with proper shot placement. But I just think it may be hard for me to pull the trigger so to speak on a .22 rifle when for the same money, I can buy a Saiga 12. :)

#14 ·
of the options you gave, I voted for Saiga

however, I need to say, since you don't have a rifle but have a HD shotty, I'd recommend an AK then AR then maybe some sort of .22 rifle

#15 ·
Off your list the Saiga 12. Not on your list, a .22 rifle as others have said, and a Saiga AK. The Saiga AK's are available in 7.62X39, 5.56, and .308.

#16 ·
Surprised there isnt more votes for the LCP honestly.

If I get a .22, it will be the Sig most likely. I just like the looks of it a lot better then the 10/22's. My buddy has one that I have shot and ehhh, if im going to have a .22 rifle, I at least want it to look good ;)

#18 ·
I voted for the furniture, but in reality, I would pay down debt or start an emergency fund.

Once those are taken care of, I would go with the LCP, but don't think your fiance is going to shoot it 'easier'. It is definitely not a fun gun to shoot.

#24 ·
A 22 of some kind and several bricks of ammo should be in everybody's inventory. Mine is a 5" Kimber 22 conversion kit for my carry 45. I can carry it in a Browning flashlight belt holster for the survival stewpot or signalling when in the woods. If you already have a shotty 12, look into a 308 for reaching out to medium ranges or a 338 for serious kick. (might have to buy some end tables in between guns though)

#27 ·
My fiance' loves to shoot my 10/22. It's too easy and cheap to practice with, reliable, +1 on the survival points brought up earlier. Someone commented about it's looks; I am under the impression that this is one of the most common semi .22 rifles out there and therefore, aftermarket/custom parts are readily available and cheap to dress it up (custom stocks etc..).

Since the 10/22 wasn't on there, my protest vote was for the furniture :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you decide. I recently asked here whether I should keep my Taurus or get a Heritage. Folks here convinced me that the right gun wasn't one of the options I was seeking advice on. My point is that I'm not trying to be a wise guy or any disrespect by voting for a gun that wasn't on your list.:bier:

#31 ·
If you're still thinking, the Sig P238 of all your picks, and they are out now...go get it!:image035:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.