Which of these 4 should be for CC, HD and ankle???

This is a discussion on Which of these 4 should be for CC, HD and ankle??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Of these four guns, Which should be the first to first to grab for home defense, which should go on my ankle, and which should ...

Thread: Which of these 4 should be for CC, HD and ankle???

Which of these 4 should be for CC, HD and ankle???

Of these four guns, Which should be the first to first to grab for home defense, which should go on my ankle, and which should be the IWB CC gun?

I just got the USP compact 9mm and am just not in any way sure which I like better between it and the Sig P239 for CC.

the guns in order from top left to right are

1. H&K 45
    2. S&W 638
    3. H&K compact 9mm ss 9mm
    4. Sig P239 9mm
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

2. Remove Ads

USPc 9mm IWB

239 9mm ankle

try to keep the same caliber, if one gun FUBARs, you can use the ammo the mag (just take the bullets)

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Sig ...

If I had to carry on the ankle, from your choices, it would be the Smith.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Administrator
    239 IWB, maybe the HK USP when you need a change up

442 on the ankle, but I'd forget about all together, it just doesnt work well for most people in most situations.

Then the other HK, I'd slap a light on it and toss it in the sock drawer.
    "Just blame Sixto"

J for the ankle, and the Sig on the CC/EDC side
    --I'M PROUD TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO BEAR ARMS--

Glock27/ KaBar TDI/ MTAC Holster. I have more also, but this combination works well..

def the smith for ankle, my sister carries the same gun, it feels like air. I will be getting one for a backup/pocket carry

VIP Member
    I'd put the Sig on my hip, the S&W on my ankle and leave the others at home.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

The revolver for the ankle as a BUG.
    All the others are good for all remaining purposes...mix, match, or run them in a rotation.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

the usp compact does not have nite sights where as the sig does. I dont really see how the nite sights would be very usefull in a stressed SD situation anyways. better to religh on good shooting training and practice than gadgets like nite sights and lasers.

am I wrong?
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin

NRA member/TSRA member

Now that I have the USPc alot of folks including my pops say I should carry the USPc and sell the Sig P239. I just dont know if I can do that though, the gun just screams quality, accuracy, reliability and carryability.

It just has that nasty little problem of a bad weight to capacity ratio. Other than that is just a superb piece. If I traded it for something else it would have to be for another Sig, but which if I should get rid of it at all? I lean towards keeping it honestly.

NRA member/TSRA member

I have to admit, the USPc with 13rds in the mag feels noticably lighter than the P239 does with only 8 rnds.

Walking around in the dark does make me lean more towards the P239 for the mere fact that it has night sights and the USPc does not. I feel much more confident in my ability to get good shot placement with the P239 for this reason alone (during low light situations).

I dont like the night sights on my HK45, they dont really work unless you 'charge' them up with a light source. I may have to find a good night sight system for the USPc. I like the ones on the Sig but they are Siglite brand... prolly not available for HKs.

In spite of the fact Im starting to think the USP compact 9mm is the Ultimate conceal carry weapon I have to say I think the Sig would outlast the USP in a Mad Max scenario. But then I think I would just rather have a Glock 17, I dont know...... :P

NRA member/TSRA member

Ankle carry is really slow, and opens up the head and thorax to immediate, undefensible assault. Kind of like carrying a NAA revolver- its a niche role...

You have 4 excellent weapons- keep them, or sell the .45 to buy mags, ammo and parts for the remaining 3.

The 239 will give you something with under 10 round capacity to allow you to keep buying ammo, if that sort of registration bill does pass.

The 442 fits your ankle (unadvisable) or other deep concealment need.

Consolidation on one caliber allows easier stocking, and (if you purchased a duplicate USP) parts interchangability.

For "home defense"? You should be grabbing a rifle methinks ...

For on-the-body? Biggest caliber and capacity you can comfortably carry/conceal; S&W as your BUG.
    Anthony

Current EDC: Glock 23

First to grab for home defense, the HK 45. If you don't like the factory night sights, get some that you do like. But as for the weapon, the HK stands out from the rest for nighttime home defense. Have a good flashlight next to the HK, something that you should have ready anyway. That may impact your night sight issue too.

For IWB, either the HK USPc 9mm or the SIG 239. Both are excellent handguns and will conceal well.

For ankle, either the 239 or the revolver, depending upon comfort.

I roll with a S@W 442 on my ankle and a Sig 239 in a IWB everyday! Works good for me. Good luck.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

Links