Breaking News......... - Page 3

Breaking News.........

This is a discussion on Breaking News......... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; it's ok The guy he shot is a lawyer. Mr. cheney please review the 4 rules. AFS...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News.........

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    it's ok
    The guy he shot is a lawyer.

Mr. cheney please review the 4 rules.

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

I heard the ANTIS are all over this story.........the Boston AM stations are all over it.......Their big question is....."why did it take so long to come out" .........They had people on from both sides this morning. and ther gunners got reamed by the Antis...........typical for the Baystate..
    In my eyes, it could have happened to anybody.. Just a bad stiuation for the Anti -Gun/Bush/ Cheaney crowd to feed from..
    Lotta Kerry supporters jumped on board for the Antis..
    Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzus
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    unfortunately cheney has done great damage to shooters and hunters everywhere. there can be no excuse for shooting another hunter- none. ever. one cannot blame the victim, only the veep.
    God Bless.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Leave it to Limbaugh to put it in perspective. He just opened his show by saying "Well, would you rather go hunting with Dick Cheney or on a car ride with Ted Kennedy? At least when something goes wrong Cheney doesn't run away." We're gonna get trashed by the Brady Bunch over this, but thanks to talk radio and the Internet our side does get heard.
    Last edited by ParaCarry; February 13th, 2006 at 03:24 PM.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.......LUKE 11:21 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs-special-guy
    unfortunately cheney has done great damage to shooters and hunters everywhere. there can be no excuse for shooting another hunter- none. ever. one cannot blame the victim, only the veep.
    God Bless.

Unfortunately Chief, I have to agree with you. All of us here know the four rules of gun safety and know they are never to be compromised - heck, Chris even has a sticky somewhere on here to remind everyone.

I hate the fact that this has given the Anti's fuel but the sad fact is, Cheney screwed up. We're going to hear about this one for some time to come, and before it's over he wll have been using an assault weapon with armor piercing buckshot .

I've had one ND in all my years of gun handling - it wasn't accidental, it was negligent, plain and simple. I was squirrel hunting and had a SA .22 in a western style holster. Walking along an animal path and looking up for squirrels, I didn't notice that I'd failed to secure the retention strap after reholstering (I'd been plinking evil soda cans along the way too). Well, honeysuckle vines have a way of encroaching on wooded paths and, you guessed it ... Ka-BLAM!

Somehow the bullet missed my thigh but left an almost perfect track as it skittered along the inside of the holster and out into the ground - I was lucky. I wasn't hurt but it definitely increased the ol' pucker factor . Never again did I EVER forget to secure that strap and I made it a habit to check it from time to time whenever I wore it after that. Guess my point is, when you do something stupid you've got to admit it - at least to yourself -, take responsibility for it and learn from it. So far the spin I'm hearing is Cheney did nothing wrong and it was all the other guy's fault - sorry, but that's BS. If you carry a gun you're responsible for every shot.

I admit it's been a number of years but I HAVE hunted quail, ringnecks (damned tasty !), grouse and most other small to medium/large game. There's just no excuse for shooting a fellow hunter other than negligence and/or stupidity.

I hope we see this blow over quickly... but I doubt it will.
    Jack

Exclamation It's the guy....NOT the gun!

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs-special-guy
    God Bless.
    True enough, but watch for the antis to blame the gun. The veep deserves the jack-slapping he will get in the press, I'm sure. He ignored the rules of gun safety and that makes him a poor role model. But it's not any reason at all to demonize gun ownership. But that will of course be the outcome.

Somebody made a great comment about something Rush said...Would you rather go hunting with Cheny or take a car ride with Ted Kennedy?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

if it was me or you we would have been in jail all ready how come the VP didn't get a trip there to answer what happened

1943 - 2009
    Here's another spin to this story by the left wing media.

My local newspaper ran an article with an Associated Press byline today, which was illustrated with a photo of VP Dick Cheney accepting a rifle from NRA President Kayne Robinson and NRA VP Wayne LaPierre at the 133rd annual NRA convention in Pittsburgh.

Pray tell, just what does this have to do with anything?

So Cheney accidentally (or negligently) shoots his hunting partner. Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later, because the Veep took that rifle (a flintlock, BTW) from the evil NRA.

Par for the course for the AP.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

God more emotional C**p to fuel to antis pyre of lies. They will probably use this incident to spout all there previous "facts". BTW look at how brazen Sarah Brady was not even an ounce of sympathy IT show that them antis are partisan to the death. Also just look at the partisan Bull they were spouting at MLKs wife's funeral. Cant they give it up for one moment and just offer condolences?
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

Administrator

Had To Call The Radio Station

They kept saying "BUCK SHOT" ~ "Shot With BUCK Shot"...so I called & explained the difference between Bird Shot & Buck Shot.
    Probably won't make any difference though.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    They kept saying "BUCK SHOT" ~ "Shot With BUCK Shot"...so I called & explained the difference between Bird Shot & Buck Shot.
    Probably won't make any difference though.

You're right wont make a difference i bet

Assistant Administrator
    From NRA -

Hunting-Related Accidents Rare, State Data Show

Houston Chronicle

Media feathers flew after the South Texas quail-hunting accident that involved Vice President Dick Cheney, but such incidents are rare, Texas Parks and Wildlife Department records show.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3654597.html
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Hey nothing against hunters, but I don't hunt. It is dangerous enough going to the local range where most don't have a clue as to how to handle a firearm safely.
    Listen, Think and React.....Nuff Said.....

los
    Didn't the group Aerosmith have a song that went like........

Cheney's got a gun...
    "BANG"
    Cheney's got a gun...
    "BANG"
    His friend just couldn't run...
    "BANG"
    Cheney blames the Sun...
    "BANG"
    Now his freind's at Spohn... (hospital)........

Sorry, i'm from Corpus and found a lot of humor in this. Let's face it, Cheney's never been a "straight shooter"

Whatever.

To me, its just another tempest in a teapot.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links