Breaking News.........

This is a discussion on Breaking News......... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; JT : The cartoon says it all; I love it!! Actually, this whole shooting incident is just another "Wag The Dog" type scam to divert ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Breaking News.........

JT: The cartoon says it all; I love it!! Actually, this whole shooting incident is just another "Wag The Dog" type scam to divert attention away from the VP's predecessor, "Big" Al, and his ranting in Saudi Arabia. Considering some of the things he's said and done in the past few years, we should all be down on our knees thanking whatever gods intervened (the Supreme Court?). That head case came within spitting distance of being our Commander-in- Chief!!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I can't get over the media making such a fuss because they weren't told soon enough. It's like the issue itself is second to the issue of the press not being told quickly enough.

Tehran announcing they've resumed the fuel reprocessing that same day got very little news coverage. Shows an oddly warped sense of perspective, doesn't it?

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    Tehran announcing they've resumed the fuel reprocessing that same day got very little news coverage. Shows an oddly warped sense of perspective, doesn't it?

mm
    Makes no sense to me. Somebody said it was a "last straw" reaction and the media's coverage of this was really more an accumulation of events rather then the hunting accident itself.

Maybe I'm just too cynical, but it looks to me more that the media's hyper-inflated ego making a bad call on just what the most important story actually is.

When they become part of the story, they loose what little objectivity they had.

Kind of like a certain left-wing political party whose leadership (at the very least,) has forgotten that their first loyalty is to their country and NOT to their party.

The media has confused the "public's right to know" with the "media's desire to tell."

Yes, it certainly was "news." But other things happend that same day, things with far greater impact on things than that one.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Senior Moderator
    Hey, mm, +1 for me about what you said!

1952 - 2006
    I had waited for someone to come up with this, but no one has. There are regulations for this situation, they have been around for several years. I hope you enjoy and good hunting!!

Hunting attorneys for sport has lately become somewhat of a past time for people. Enough so that the government has stepped in with new laws limiting such things as who can hunt them, how many can be hunted, and by what means...

1. Any person with a valid State hunting license may harvest attorneys.

2. The taking of attorneys with traps or deadfalls is permitted. The use of currency as bait is prohibited.

3. The killing of attorneys with a vehicle is prohibited. If accidentally struck, remove road kill to roadside, then proceed to nearest car wash.

4. It is unlawful to chase, herd, or harvest attorneys from a helicopter or other aircraft.

5. It shall be unlawful to shout, "whiplash," "ambulance!" or, "Free Perrier!" for the purposes of trapping attorneys.

6. It shall be unlawful to use cocaine, young boys, $100 bills, prostitutes, or vehicle accidents to attract attorneys.

7. It shall be unlawful to hunt attorneys within 200 yards of whorehouses, health spas, ambulances, or hospitals.

8. If an attorney is elected to government office, there will be a $500 bounty on the pelt.

9. Stuffed or mounted attorneys must have a state health department inspection for rabies, vermin and contagious diseases.

10. It shall be illegal for a hunter to disguise himself as a reporter, drug dealer, pimp, female law clerk, sheep, accident victim, bookie, or tax accountant for the purposes of hunting attorneys.

Attorney Bag Limits:

Yellow-Bellied Sidewinder = 5
    Hairless Civil Libertarian = 7
    Skinny-Assed Ambulance Chaser = 12
    Horse or Cattle Rustler Defender = 20
    Silver-Tongued Murderer Defender = 50
    Jack-Legged Divorce Litigator = No limit
    Honest Attorney = Extinct
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    The use of currency as bait is prohibited.
    Now that'll make it much more challenging!
    Good one,acparmed
    "I surrounded 'em"- Alvin York

"They're ain't many troubles that a man can't fix with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six"- Jeff Cooper

Assistant Administrator
    1. Any person with a valid State hunting license may harvest attorneys.
    Well - that's a good start
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links