S&W MP

This is a discussion on S&W MP within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; OK I have been around guns all my life but I am definately not a gunsmith, Here is my Question, My friend has 2 SW ...

Thread: S&W MP

S&W MP

OK I have been around guns all my life but I am definately not a gunsmith, Here is my Question, My friend has 2 SW MP one is a 357 sig with the ambidextrious thumb safety that prevents him from using the crimson trace laser grips like he has on his other MP wich is a 40 SW, I know that the 357 sig is a 40SW necked down to a 357 , and I know that the mags for these two guns are interchangeable, So here is my Question, Could the barrels be switched on the 2 so that the laser grips would work on the 357Sig?This might be a stuoid question but as I said I am by no means a Gunsmith, I know how to LOad one, Shoot One ,And Clean One, thats it for me. Any Info would be appreciated.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

2. Remove Ads

P S
    both of these guns are the compact model Identical except for the caliber and the Ambi. Safety.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Yes. You might want to get out and shoot it to make sure that that POA is the same as the POI after the swap.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jualdeaux View Post
    Yes. You might want to get out and shoot it to make sure that that POA is the same as the POI after the swap.
    Not likely to be the same.

I have a SIG SP2340 with both barrels. POI moves when you switch barrels/rounds.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I'm just one root in a grassroots organization. No one should assume that I speak for the VCDL.

I am neither an attorney-at-law nor I do play one on television or on the internet. No one should assumes my opinion is legal advice.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    Not likely to be the same.

I have a SIG SP2340 with both barrels. POI moves when you switch barrels/rounds.
    Which is why I suggested he take it out to test it. the M&P forum is replete with stories about how much different they are.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

VIP Member
    Yes.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Links