Uh Oh! you Sig guys are getting spoiled!

This is a discussion on Uh Oh! you Sig guys are getting spoiled! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man I think I like this one, Looks like a sweet rifle! I'd like to see it up close. Nice price range too. http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a...35/m/722107584 Ti....

Man I think I like this one, Looks like a sweet rifle! I'd like to see it up close. Nice price range too.

http://sigforum.com/groupee/forums/a...35/m/722107584

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

I've seen pics of it and it looks cool but i wouldn't run right out and buy one

They couldn't figure out the 1911 for at least 2 years so ...

And here again comes another ar-15 style rifle so the makers must think there's enough want to support it 2 companies coming out with them this year

Also i did say style i know its not a direct copy as it uses a gas rod piston system etc etc still looks like one and to some thats all that will matter

I'd say your right on with that Bud. Looks and function are two different things for sure.

I am courious about the S&W M&P AR-15 too, I will diffenetly let the die hards take the plunge first on both to see what the out comes are but I bet the will be good results.

I would hope S&W or Sig wouldn't shoot themselves in the foot by putting these products out without serious R&D to them for function. Kimber made that mistake and I hop others have learned there lesson from them.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

Assistant Administrator
    Always interesting but - sorta thing I'll watch for a year or so and see what uptake there might be - and of course feedback.

May not be any gremlins but sure as heck - prefer other folks to find 'em before I go a'buyin"

Still wonder, tho the market is large - whether there is always enough room for more - time will tell obviously.

I do quite like the looks - but of course looks ain't everything. Being SIG tho does pique my interest button!

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

On this, I figure Sig knows what they're doing - it's a 55x series gun, not a totally new product. I've got one on order but it probably won't get here until Christmas.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Lead Moderator
    I saw that the day it was posted to the SIG Forum....... It was love at first sight!

Spoiled, you bet!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Administrator

Sweet As Sugar Looking Bad Boy Gun

Just look at that ....sinister bad looking long gun.
    Anybody want to post the "specs" for that rifle & a MSRetail Price?

Here ya go!

The SIG 556 features the same high-performance two position adjustable gas piston operating rod system engineered by SIG’s sister company Swiss Arms and marries it to a trigger housing that not only cuts the rifle’s weight by a pound but is designed to accept standard AR magazines.

Originally developed to work under the extreme situational pressures and environmental conditions of the Swiss Army on alpine duty, the new SIG 556 delivers when it counts regardless of ammunition type and variances in gas pressure or case material.

The SIG 556 features a 16” military grade cold hammer forged barrel with a twist rate of 1 in 9”. The barrel is locked to the steel receiver through a unique system that allows the user to easily change out the barrel.

The forearm housing the gas operating system is a vented non-slip polymer featuring the SIG TriRail design with three integrated Picatinny rails for mounting accessories. There is a forward mount for right or left side sling attachment. The flip up front combat sight is adjustable for windage and elevation.

The Picatinny rail equipped receiver is made of high strength carbon steel with a durable wear-resistant Nitronฎ X rifle finish. The trigger housing is made from a heat treated aircraft grade aluminum alloy with a hard-coat anodized finish designed to survive extreme conditions. The rifle comes equipped with a smooth two-stage trigger.

The SIG 556 also features an ambidextrous safety and is designed to accept standard AR magazines. A rugged 30-round polymer magazine is supplied with each rifle.

Spare battery compartments are provided in the ergonomically designed pistol grip as well as the rubber padded watertight adjustable butt stock. The butt stock also offers sling attachment points.

In addition to the standard model SIG 556 which will begin to ship in late summer of 2006, SIGARMS will also offer a SIG 556 L featuring a longer forearm but also equipped with the 16” barrel. The 556 L will be ideal for upgrading to the 20” barrel for more precision oriented shooting.

The third model planned to 2006 is the SIG 556 SWAT. The SWAT model will feature the same compact design of the standard SIG 556 with 16” barrel but will feature a flat top Picatinny railed receiver and a tactical quad rail.

These three rifles are the first of several new SIG 556 models that are currently in development at SIGARMS. The wait is over. The new U.S. made SIG 556 begins shipping in late summer – because the time has come.

SIG 556 SPECIFICATIONS & FEATURES

............................SIG 556 L.......SIG 556......SIG 556 SWAT
    Caliber: ---------------------- 5.56 mm ----------------------
    Overall Length: ........36.5”..........36.5”............36.5”
    Length w/ Stock Folded: 33”........33”..............33”
    Barrel Length: ...........16”............16”.................16”
    Sight Radius: ............21”...........17.75”.............17.75 ”
    Forearm: --------- Polymer SIG TriRail --------Quad Rail
    Rifling: ----------------------- 1 in 9” ------------------------
    Weight w/o Mag.:.......7.2 lbs........6.8 lbs........6.8 lbs
    Operating System:------- Gas Operated, Rotating Bolt ------
    Magazine Capacity: 30 Rnds........30 Rnds........30 Rnds
    MSRP ......................$1,299........$1,299........ $1,799

Administrator

Thumbs up Now you're Cookin' With Gas!

Thanks Ti Carry!
    Excellent !!!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    Like to have one chambered in .308
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Quick change Barrel system ...HUm that sounds interesting but i wonder if its as Quick change as the German Mg's Were in WWII.

Supposedly you could change the barrel out on a MG in about 15-20 seconds now that is Quick change.

Looks very much like the Sig 550 rifle.If it's anything close to that...........it's a sure winner........I got to shoot the 550 series in full auto..........really sweeeeeeeeeeeet peice.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Links