I Tried a CZ 75P -01 and a M&P9

This is a discussion on I Tried a CZ 75P -01 and a M&P9 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Two weeks ago I shoot a XD9 and a G17, today I tried a CZ 75P -01 and a M&P9. I am trying to find ...

Thread: I Tried a CZ 75P -01 and a M&P9

Distinguished Member

I Tried a CZ 75P -01 and a M&P9

Two weeks ago I shoot a XD9 and a G17, today I tried a CZ 75P -01 and a M&P9. I am trying to find my next range pistol. I would have liked to try a CZ 75 B SA, M&P9 Pro, G34 and a DW Pointman 9mm. But as you might expect the range doesn't carry them.

I can see now why y'all like the CZ so much, the others weren't bad, but I shoot the CZ better and out of all the pistols I shoot, but I think it has the worst sights and the trigger could be better.

Of the polymer pistol I liked the M&P better, it had the best feeling trigger and it pointed better and felt best in my hand.

I think my range pistol is going to be a CZ 75B SA, even though I didn't get to try one I think it will be better for the range, full size and single action trigger.

What you think?
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Were you shooting at Dominion Shooting Range? Stopped by the gun show at the Showplace yesterday, saw several CZ 75 SA for sale, I believe they were running in the $500. range.

Distinguished Member
    Yeah, I was at Domonion. I don't think I want to deal with the crowd today, thanks for the heads up and I see why you like the CZ so much.

Range pistol? Why would you use a pistol on the range that you have no intent to carry (exceptions for 22s)? Learn to shoot the gun you carry well.

If you want to have a target with a small hole where all the rounds went, buy a target pistol.

The CZ and the S&W are both great guns. Use one and use it well.
    Life is for the living, sleep is for the dead.

Administrator
    Looks like you shot the G17 and CZ best. I'm a new CZ fan, and as I'm currently finding out, the CZ trigger is a fairly easy fix.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Padawan View Post
    Range pistol? Why would you use a pistol on the range that you have no intent to carry (exceptions for 22s)? Learn to shoot the gun you carry well.

If you want to have a target with a small hole where all the rounds went, buy a target pistol.

The CZ and the S&W are both great guns. Use one and use it well.
    Shooting .22 is know fun to me. I like a big noise and a recoil, 9mm is the cheapest way for me to have fun shooting.

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    Shooting .22 is know fun to me. I like a big noise and a recoil, 9mm is the cheapest way for me to have fun shooting.
    I'm in the same boat (although I love my Buck Mark .22) and along with the CZ, I'm considering a SIG P226. A 9mm can be a fun range gun.

Links