LaserMax internal??

LaserMax internal??

This is a discussion on LaserMax internal?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey people! I was looking at a LaserMax internal laser for my Glock 27 and wanted to know if anyone here has experience with one. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LaserMax internal??

Hey people! I was looking at a LaserMax internal laser for my Glock 27 and wanted to know if anyone here has experience with one. From what I understand they replace some of the stock parts, so does it compromise any reliability? Any cons to this system? I really want a laser and I think the crimson trace lasers are fugly on a Glock.

Have had a Lasermax in my XD45C for a couple of years and love it. I have put several thousand rounds down the tube with no problems at all.
    XD45C
    XD9SC
    NRA Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    www.migunowners.org

VIP Member
    How do they work?
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    How do they work?
    Lasermax
    GUN CONTROL IS USING BOTH HANDS

I believe its a shoulder thing that goes up - Carolyn McCarthy (D)

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says go away in every language.
    -Clint Smith

I had one on a G30 I sold. Thought it was pretty cool, but seemed awful fragile.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I would love to have a lazer max but the price is out of this world. you can almost buy another gun with what it cost. my 2 cents

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tngunner View Post
    I would love to have a lazer max but the price is out of this world. you can almost buy another gun with what it cost. my 2 cents
    I agree. If I can grab a mint used one for about $175, I'll probably get it. Over $200 is out of my range for a laser with no light that I can only use on one gun.

Administrator
    The replacement parts are equal to the Glock factory parts in quality.

I have had mine in my XD-45 for 2+ years. It comes with a 3 year warranty. My started acting funky and they sent me a NEW ONE no hassles! Try and find that with any product on the market!

Note: the replacement parts ARE cheap, $15 or so.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Quote Originally Posted by top_gizmo View Post
    I have had mine in my XD-45 for 2+ years. It comes with a 3 year warranty. My started acting funky and they sent me a NEW ONE no hassles! Try and find that with any product on the market!

Note: the replacement parts ARE cheap, $15 or so.
    That's good to know. If a company stands by it's product, that means a lot in my book. Thanks okshooter, I was very curious about that

I have had one in my G26 for a long time. Other than I hit the button and left it on once, love it.

I wouldn't put one on my Glocks...too many stories of malfunctions and reliability issues caused by non-factory parts.

not interested in debating it...if someone has one and likes it, more power to ya and I hope it doesn't break on you.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by KenpoTex View Post
    I wouldn't put one on my Glocks...too many stories of malfunctions and reliability issues caused by non-factory parts.

not interested in debating it...if someone has one and likes it, more power to ya and I hope it doesn't break on you.
    There's nothing to debate anyway. The Lazermax guide rod is stainless steel and the spring is made by Wolff. Neither will cause a malfunction. Just like the stock parts, if it's installed properly you won't have any problems.

The LM is just as reliable as the stock parts. If a Glock would only function with stock parts there wouldn't be any aftermarket parts.

Remember, a laser is just another tool. You need to train with it and learn when and how to use it. It's a great way to put shots on target when the SHTF and you're not going to be using your iron sights anyway. Train without it as well.

I looked at the Lasermax and the only problem I found with it was, you have to turn it on. When I grab my CT's they are turned on by my grip. Just one less thing to have to do in a tense sutiation.
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

Quote Originally Posted by tankdriver View Post
    I looked at the Lasermax and the only problem I found with it was, you have to turn it on. When I grab my CT's they are turned on by my grip. Just one less thing to have to do in a tense sutiation.
    At first that put me off too. But I have noticed that when I draw my gun my index finger naturally lays against the switch for the Lasermax making it easy to activate. Plus, there are advantages to being able to leave the laser off. And for me I have no choice, they don't make CT grip lasers for my two carry guns.
    Jeff
    NRA Member
    Kimber Ultra Carry II, Glock G23 & G36, Kahr PM9, Winchester 1300 Defender 12gauge pump
    (my favorite but hard to hide)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links