I need help!

I need help!

This is a discussion on I need help! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is there any 12 step program to cure a gun addiction? Yesterday was my 24th birthday and last Friday I bought a brand new Remington ...

Thread: I need help!

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

I need help!

Is there any 12 step program to cure a gun addiction?

Yesterday was my 24th birthday and last Friday I bought a brand new Remington 870 Express 12 gauge shotgun, and today I finally replaced my beloved Beretta 92FS Police Special with an M9 service pistol as birthday gifts to myself. On top of that I spent close to 300 dollars on ammo this past week, so total it all up, it's a little over a grand worth of guns and ammo.

Seems like a good investment though given our current economic situation, but where I live, we still have yet to really feel the effects of a falling economy. Well it's nice to own two guns I so regret selling in the first place.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Nah, your fine. In fact, you should try to spread your disease around so that other people will catch it.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Don't we all man

If you find a cure.............. Don't tell me
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Don't go looking for a cure, instead, find your niche and start getting the things you want. Since you are half my age and probably don't wear tri-focals, get out and shoot your guns. I have an affinity for handguns more so than rifles and shotguns. This is what I tend to purchase and in the same vein I have been buying .32 caliber revolvers due to the onset of arthritis. I am preparing for my future.

Lack of funds, diminished vision, and arthritis have never deterred (cured) me and it shouldn't you. Now, go shoot that Beretta and enjoy! john

"You don't need no stinking help...." you need more ammo!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

LOL gee thanks for the encouragement!

I do need more ammo. I've been stocking up hardcore lately, but today I really wanted to replace that Beretta 92FS I missed so much, but made it a point to go after the M9 because I hate the warning markings on the 92FS and the straight dust cover just looks better IMO. It's also nice having a shotgun back in my collection as well, because no gun collection is complete without one. I'm saving all the ammo I bought this week for the possible darker days to come. Maybe within the next couple weeks I will go try out the 4 guns I have not even fired yet.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Is it HAVING or BUYING that you seem afflicted with? If it's BUYING, maybe you could help me with my HAVING addiction before you seek treatment?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

I guess you could say it's a bit of both. I have to buy the guns I want in order to have them. Unfortunately none of the firing ranges in my area have guns for rent, so I am unable to shoot the guns I am looking at before I buy them. I have gone through a really expensive process in choosing what I have in my collection. I have bought and sold 1911s, a couple revolvers, a P3AT and LCP, a shotgun, and a few other handguns. But to me that is part of being a gun enthusiast. This is my collection as it stands now,

Remington 870 Express 12 gauge
    Romanian GP WASR 10/63 AK-47
    Ruger 10/22 Carbine
    Glock 19
    Glock 26
    Beretta M9
    Springfield Armory XD45 Service
    Ruger SR9
    Smith & Wesson 642

I had a Smith & Wesson M&P15 for a short while but sold it. The AR-15 is a good platform, I enjoy the low recoil, but I have a thing for the AK-47. Who knows though, I may pick up another one in the future if a new AWB never comes to pass. If it does though I still have my AK-47 as my "assault" rifle, and I have plenty of ammo for it too!

Links