DW Pointman 9

DW Pointman 9

This is a discussion on DW Pointman 9 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I picked it up this morning after trouble getting through to the State Police last night for my background check, ( but I have a ...

Thread: DW Pointman 9

Distinguished Member

DW Pointman 9

I picked it up this morning after trouble getting through to the State Police last night for my background check, ( but I have a attorney working on my case, I should be rich soon).
    Attached Images

EAJ
    Congrats, good find considering they only manufacture a handful each year. :)

Distinguished Member
    I really wasn't looking for it that day. I called the CZ custom shop getting a price on a 75 SP-01 and after he gave me the price I told him that I was also thinking about getting a Pointman 9 and now we were in that price range, so I was going to have to think about it. He said he had one there and it was only $39 dollars more, so I said "I'll take it", knowing how hard they are to find.

I just hope it shots better than the P-01 that I rented at the range, when I was testing which 9mm to get.

I am going to call CZ today becaues it came with a black front sight and in there discripition it comes with a fiber optic front sight. I would rather have the fiber optic for my bad eyes. I should get glasses I guess.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    ( but I have a attorney working on my case, I should be rich soon).

Hmmm I guess you mean some sort of civil action vs the State, just a thought; that only costs you and your fellow citizens more tax dollars.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Distinguished Member
    I was making a joke, I had mention the wait in another thread and someone said sue them.

Distinguished Member
    Now for the range report D.

I fired 175 rounds total, 125 Speer Lawman 115 gr. FMJ and 50 Winchester NATO 124 gr. FMJ.

It failed to lock open after the last round all but one time the first 75 rounds of Speer. I went to Winchester and it locked open all but to mags.

I had 2 live rounds jam in it, they were the last rounds in the mag each time. The first time that it happened I could pull the slide back and eject it, but the second time the slide would not move back and the hammer was cocked. I tried to put on the thumb safety and couldn't, that's when I saw that the slide did not go all the way forward with that round. I pushed the slide forward and was able to eject the live round. I put only that round back in the mag and it work that time.

I did see a problem with that mag, the follower would come out the top sometimes where you could not load a round and sometimes it would not come all the way to the top.

I called CZ when I got home, thinking they would send me another mag, but they want me to send them the pistol and I told them in there description of the pistol it is suppose to have a fiber optic front sight but mine was black and I had ordered it from there Custom shop. They are going to change the front sight while they have it.

I tried out a lot of 9mm's, XD9, G17, M&P9 and a CZ 75P-01. I shot the CZ the best but I didn't like the sights or trigger, so I called the Custom shop to see how much a custom 75SP-01 would be. When he gave me the price it put it in the Pointman range and they had one so I got it. My mistake, I didn't shoot the DW Pointman as good as the stock range CZ, but I still shot it better than the other 9's.

I hope for a good outcome from CZ. I would really be upset if this was a carry piece.

EAJ
    The custom shop will make it right. Wish they would have mentioned the PM-9 to me when I called last year, although I've been very happy with their custom 75 SP-01.

I had an opportunity to purchase a PM-9 early last year for about $1000, but didn't have the money at the time. Been very happy with my CBOB, but they do require a little break'in. :)

Distinguished Member
    EAJ that is a very nice looking CZ, I wish now I would have got that one. You must have got a deal on your CZ, that's the price that I was quoted for it, that's why I got the DW.

EAJ
    Thanks redrick. I purchased it before CZ increased the price. Seems like every year they bump it 10-15%. The custom shop does some nice work with the internals. Don't fret, once the issue is resolved on your PM-9 you'll be very happy with it. :)

Very nice looking pistola...hope you get it firing on all cylinders soon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links